Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A very long day

Well I finally made it to good ol' Fayetteville. I flew in to Raleigh and picked up my rental car and called Nurse D on the way to Fort Bragg. She wanted me to come in for an u/s right away. She was a bit concerned about how I was responding to the stim medication, considering this is my first IVF. I have to admit, I was a little worried too. So my first stop is to Womack for a date with the dildo cam. It turns out that I have about 18 follicles (though I think Dr. P counted some twice) with varying sizes from 7mm to 11mm. My E2 levels were about 660. Nurse D says that's great. That's exactly what I needed to hear. I was so worried that I wouldn't respond well to this medication and now I'm feeling much more relaxed. So I'm chugging along with the same protocol that I've had the past 5 days and I'll go back tomorrow morning for another ultrasound.

After my appointment I checked in at the Fisher House. It's pretty nice, it looks just like a big house with 8 rooms, a kitchen, dining room and living room. They have a computer for internet access (I'm too dumb to figure out how to connect my laptop to the wireless internet). They have two full-size beds and a bathroom in each room with a TV. Downstairs they have a huge bookshelf filled with books, DVD's and VHS movies. I picked up Harry Potter. I started reading the books and I'm getting addicted. Anyway, I think tonight I'll just order a pizza and watch my movie. Tomorrow I'll need to go to the commissary for some real food and a few odds and ends.

4 comments:

  1. I just checked out Fisher House and it looks like and awesome program. I'm glad you are able to utilize this. Great that this cycle is looking good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Fayetteville... I hope you didn't come with high hopes because there isn't anything here! I love Dr. P and all his nurses, they are so wonderful!

    I'm glad things are looking good for you. I hope it continues to progress just as it should!

    I haven't heard of Fisher House, is that a community place or on-post place? Just curions.

    I too am a Harry Potter addict btw :) enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I am so excited to hear about your stim results! IT is all so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm from NC, so I know all about Fayetteville and it's lack of....well, anything cool. The Fisher House is like the Ronald McDonald House for military families. You and your family can stay there for free while receiving medical treatment. They are run by donations. My husband and I will probably make a donation when we leave. You can visit their website at www.fisherhouse.org. I'll take some pictures during my visit and post them.

    ReplyDelete