Thursday, January 21, 2010

Miserable

I want to start this post off by saying I have a pain tolerance of about 3. Better than zero because I'm not a total wimp but it's still pretty low on the scale. Ever since I started taking the meds I've had headaches from hell. No big deal, I can handle a headache, I'll just take some Tylenol. Well last night the backaches from hell started. I thought maybe my back was screwed up from sitting on a plane all night but the pain didn't go away. It continued to annoy me throughout the night and into today. I searched for a heating pad at the Fisher House but they didn't have one. The manager asked me if I was having back pain and I told her I was. She suggested some rub-on ointment she uses for her back pain so I took her up on her offer. She rubbed this minty smelling crap all over my lower back and POOF, the back pain went away like magic. I was actually able to get some sleep this afternoon! It turns out the ointment is Ben-Gay for horses. Not sure if Nurse D would appreciate me putting horse ointment on my back. I'll ask if it it's okay to use stuff like Ben-Gay or Icy Hot for backaches or if it seeps into my blood somehow. If she says no, at least I got some relief, even if it was only for a few hours. If she says yes, I'm buying the stuff in bulk!

2 comments:

  1. I hope this doesn't sound mean, but that is too funny! But if it works, hey why not. Yeah, checking with the nurses may not be such a bad idea. Maybe she can give you some idea what you should take for your backache instead. Maybe it's a side effect from the meds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went a had a chiro adjustment yesterday but I havn't started the stims yet IDK if you can since you have started but ask about that too.. I feel amazing since the adjustment!

    ReplyDelete