Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Conjunction Junction


So the hubby and I are sitting at our computers tonight while I surf the net and he does his online Calculus course. We're talking and I have no idea how we got on the subject but he said the words "Junction Conjunction" which of course reminds me of Schoolhouse Rock (any of you who were born in the 80's should remember that). So I start singing the words to the Conjunction Junction song and Brandon gives me a blank stare and says "No, it's Vagina Junction, what's your function? Taking in sperm and spitting out babies." It was a parody song that was played on an early episode of Family Guy where Peter Griffin is giving a tour of the high school and shows off the new sex education program! I had never seen it so I had to check it out for myself. It was hilarious. What's even funnier is that Brandon had never even HEARD of Schoolhouse Rock and didn't know that a real song existed (he had a crummy childhood). So while he educated me on Vagina Junction tonight, I showed him how to hook up words and phrases and clauses. What's YOUR function?

Editor's Note: I just want to clarify that Brandon didn't ACTUALLY educate me on Vagina Junction, he simply informed about the song. I in fact already know the function of my junction.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog through ICLW.

    I love Schoolhouse Rock. I'm a government teacher and a few years back, many of the kids still remembered the "I'm Just a Bill" song. Not so much anymore. Makes me feel old.

    I never heard the parody song and I'm glad you know the function of your junction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought this for my son. He is too young for it but loves the music.

    ReplyDelete