Friday, January 22, 2010

Ultrasound #3

Today at the ultrasound I featured my cuy socks. For anyone who doesn't know what cuy is (which is probably everybody) you can find out for yourself here but animal lovers beware. I bought the socks while in Peru because I had decided to try the Peruvian delicacy during my visit. It was by far the worst food I had ever tasted. The skin was thick and rubbery and the meat did not taste good at all. The cuy is served whole, with its head, bucked teeth and little paws still attached. Not a pretty site. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone going to Peru.



So the doctor's office was running far behind today. I sat in the waiting room for two hours before I was called back for my ultrasound. It appears that I'm chugging along just fine with my 20 follicles. They're about 14mm I think. I wasn't given the sizes. My E2 levels shot up to 1,700 though. I wasn't prepared for that. But Nurse D says I'm doing perfect, that I'm the textbook patient and I don't have to be back until Monday morning. Her words made me feel so much better but at the same time, I'm really starting to get my hopes up. I think I would be very disappointed if this cycle didn't work. After all, if a textbook perfect cycle ends up with a BFN, what more can you do?

At least my husband gets here Monday morning. I think this cycle will become a lot more tolerable once he gets here. I asked Nurse D about using Ben-Gay for my backaches and she said it was fine (I didn't mention the horse part). So I went to the drug store this afternoon and bought some Icy Hot back patches and a reusable hot/cold pack. I think that should last me until retrieval. I also had lunch with one of the IVF girls. More of us were supposed to go out but me and her ended up being really late due to the doctor's office so we missed the actual lunch date and just ate by ourselves. I'm so glad that I've got to meet the other ladies that I'm cycling with. It's making this whole experience much better for "The Newbie"!

12 comments:

  1. Good luck with IVF! It's a big step and hoping it brings you a BFP!
    Love the socks, BTW :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ICLW - oh, I feel sorry for the poor cuy. But the socks are lovely and I hope they give you much success at the end of your cycle. I hope your back gets better - when I had a sore back I used Thermacare - those were lovely and lasted 8 hrs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with this cycle! Glad your hubby is coming to be with you! Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your cycle is moving along well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delighted all is going well! Not long now and do stay positive! Fran

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christa! I think this might be my first time visiting your blog, I love it :) You're too cute!! I love the socks!! I too requested socks and have joined the Sock It To Me sock exchange for this round (if you haven't heard about it - go by my site for more info - I think sign up runs through tomorrow!)

    I really hope this cycle goes perfectly for you!!! My fingers are crossed!! I'm following!

    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2 hours? That is a long wait. I'm glad things are looking well :) Cute socks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute socks! I do that cute sock thing for appointments too. ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree that Thermacare is AMAZING!!!! :-) I use them for cramps and oh my gosh are they wonderful!

    I do cute socks for appointments too. I mean, doesn't it take away some focus from the spread eagle view I spend way too much time in??? :-)

    Hoping this cycle continues to go oh so smoothly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great socks! Wishing you lots of luck with this cycle!

    Here from ICLW - but now a follower of your blog! Hope you'll stop by and visit me sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like the socks...but that's a little nuts on the Peru story! Anyway 20 follicles! You rock!! Getting close! I will be checking in on your progress. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It does sound like things are going so well for you sweetie!! Glad you DH is coming home... having DH with you through the cycle really helps.. the more support you get the better it is!! So cool that you get to meet the ladies who cycle with you.. I wish I had that!!must be nice to be able to share!! Cannot wait till you are in the 2ww with me!!!

    ReplyDelete