Friday, January 15, 2010

I did it!

I gave myself my first injection! It was just Lupron though. It didn't hurt a bit. That's probably due to the thick layer of fat I'm wearing around my stomach. The hardest part about the medication was trying to hold the vial with one hand and the syringe with the other while sucking up the medication into the syringe. Practice makes perfect though. It's been about an hour and I don't feel any different so I don't know what kind of side effects I'll feel from the medication.

6 comments:

  1. Well done Christa!! You'l be a pro in no time at all. Love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does get easier the more you do it. I remember the first time I did my Fol.listim shot. I sat there for 20 minutes with the needle aimed and ready to stick into my belly, but I just could not do it. I was too nervous. The longer I waited, the more scared I got. Finally, I just did and and it did not hurt at all. I felt like an idiot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats! You give me some hope that I'll get to that point. I'm a big baby and have my husband give me my shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first one is the hardest! The rest just feel like a prickly chore! LOL I hope for no Lupron sideaffects! GO IVF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck. I think the scariest part of administering shots was when I would hold it just in front of my skin and "prepare" to put it in, lol. More intimidating to THINK about it than to just do it. Good luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The thought of having to stick myself really scares me. I don't know if I'll be able to do it...

    ReplyDelete