Monday, January 11, 2010

Goodbye, Dear Savings

Today I parted with $6,185 of my savings. This went to pay for my IVF cycle plus ICSI. I won't pay for the cryopreservation until it's time to freeze the embabies. I also purchased our plane tickets for our trip and reserved my rental car. Now I just have a few more things to take care of.

1) Pack for my two-week trip
2) Place a reservation at the kennel for the dog
3) Place a reservation at the airport parking
4) Wait for my box of Lupron to arrive tomorrow
5) Try to RELAX!

The relaxing part won't happen today, not while the thought of parting with $6,000 of my money is still fresh in my mind. So for now I will just say goodbye to my savings. I hope we meet again some day, preferably in the form of a living breathing child.

4 comments:

  1. It's really happening petal! I have everythign crossed. Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate on the savings. Giving your hard earned cash away to the RE is a terrifying thought. I once read somewhere "I hope you like your RE because you are paying for her new BMW".

    Anyway, all the best on your IVF! KMFX for you! I'm hoping to start IVF soon too. Appointment with RE is in 2 days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun on your trip and good luck with your IVF!
    I am an IVF survivor! Take it one day at a time (as trite as that may sound!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting on my blog! Seems like we have lots in common (PCOS, male factor). I look forward to following you on your IVF journey. I pray it is a short journey for you!

    ReplyDelete