Thursday, January 21, 2010

ICLWer's Welcome!

Welcome to my first IComLeavWe. I'm sure there will be a learning curve in this process while I experience a few hiccups as I try to figure this out. My name is Christa, I currently reside in Washington State with my husband. I'm originally from NC, he's from UT. He's a submariner in the Navy so we will not be living here long. We hope to move to sunny Georgia this summer.

I'm currently in Fayetteville, NC going through my first IVF cycle. There are only 6 Military Treatment Facilities in the US that coordinate IVF and the closest one to use (Madigan) has a wait list until April 2011. So I flew out here to Womack because 1) There is no wait list and 2) because I have family living close by who can visit me. Although it turns out that none of them are visiting me so I'm hoping for a visit from a friend or two during the next two weeks. At least I've made a few new friends when I met some of the other girls who are cycling with me this month.

I've only had one ultrasound so far in this cycle but the next week should be a flurry of activity, which I will constantly blog about because I have nothing better to do. So please make yourself at home and feel free to feed Winston, he's always hungry!

13 comments:

  1. I'm a fellow PCOS-er and noticed that you are going through your first IVF cycle. I'm not quite there yet, but if one or two more Follistim cycles don't work, that's our next step. What's been your experience so far? How much will it cost? Good luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend from college lives in WA and her husband is a submariner with the Navy.(small world moment) She loves it there but I only spent my summers there. I'm not sure I could live there year round. I lived in GA for six years and loved the weather.
    Good luck with this cycle. I hope it brings good news.
    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best on your IVF cycle!

    I lived in GA when I was in college and really enjoyed the weather!

    ICLW
    http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying that this cycle the the ONE!
    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing the best for you in this IVF cycle. Happy ICLW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome and good luck this cycle!
    ~ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to ICLW!!! It's great to visit a new blog! (This is only my second attempt at it, so this is pretty neat!) I have to say that I love your layout, too!

    Now, I don't know if you have ever been to Georgia, but if you are moving there in the summertime - prepare! =) It gets pretty hot up there!

    Anyway, good luck on your IVF cycle! I hope everything goes well for you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooo much luck with your IVF cycle (and I hope you get a visitor or two soon- you must be bored out of your mind, lol)!!!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to ICLW. Hoping and praying your IVF cycle is a success. Too bad Fayette-nam isn't a bit closer to Raleigh. I would take you out for coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey!!! great to find your blog!! please can I pick your brain about the military ivf treatments, my husband is army and we are trying to look in to that and the info has been a little hard for me to find, I must admit
    my e-mail is chrissyfagan@yahoo.com if you have any free time would love to chat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on your first ICLW post! It's absolutely brilliant and you meet loads o new people. You know we are nearly cycling together so here's to a future of BFPs! Fran

    ICLW also at #90

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you lots of luck. I didn't realize that you had to go to a special military facility for treatments. I'm glad it worked out for you to be near home.

    I hope this cycle is IT for you!
    Christina
    iclw

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful first ICLW post. I wish you the best on the cycle!! I hope it all goes well!

    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete