Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bye Bye birth control


Hello huge pile o' drugs! Today my Lupron and Endometrin came in the mail. Today is also my last day of birth control pills. For the next two days I won't need to take any meds. Then on Friday I take Lupron twice a day and on Saturday I take a cocktail of Lupron, Menopur and Gonal-F. I'm not really looking forward to it, I'm afraid I'll screw it up somehow. I'll have to read over my medication administration instructions again.

A word to the wise....I received my sharps container today. The lid was not attached and there was something in the container but I stuck the lid on anyway for the purpose of my picture. I later found out that the container lid isn't really meant to come off. After trying to pry it off with my hands, teeth and a butter knife, I finally gave up and just pried the stuff out of the container. It was gauze and alcohol pads. Oh well, lesson learned.

4 comments:

  1. Whee-two whole days without meds! Don't go too crazy now!! :)

    Best of luck to you as you begin this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be in your shoes in about 7 months. Best of luck to you, and btw, yes Facebook can be cruel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! You crack me up about the sharps container... once I moved onto my blood thinners, (Lovonox) it is a 'pre filled' syringe, so you had to dispose of the whole thing, so it filled up fast. We live in a fairly large city, and I could not find another sharps that was big (they had ones at walmart, but they would have lasted me a week). It was crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha too funny about the lid on the sharps!

    ReplyDelete