Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ultrasound #2

Today I had my second ultrasound. I decided that I would wear some type of funky socks to each of my exams. I got the idea from Fertility Socks. I had applied for a pair of socks through their website a couple months ago but alas, they did not show up in time for my IVF cycle. So I bought some of my own! And I yanked out the ones I had laying around in my drawer. Today's first pair of socks was a Halloween gift from my co-worker K. I have to admit, it was about a month before I even brought the buggers home and she complained that I didn't like her present. So here K, your Halloween socks are keeping my feet warm in the stirrups!



The ultrasound was not done by Dr. P today, instead I had an ultrasound technician. She didn't let me know how many follicles I had, but I'm guessing it's the same amount. It appeared that one of the follicles was 15mm, which kinda freaked me out. I thought it was growing too fast. But Nurse D said everything looks good and now I'm just waiting on her phone call for my E2 levels and what I should do about tonight's medication.

**UPDATE** Nurse D called. My E2 is now at 908 and there are about 20 follicles in the 8-12mm range. There's also a couple 13's and a 14 but those will probably be overcooked by the time we trigger so for now they are focusing on the larger group of smaller follicles. Brandon is very impressed, apparently he didn't think the results would be this good. I figured all along we would get about 20 follicles due to my PCOS. Let's just hope they're all GOOD follicles!

13 comments:

  1. Love the socks! Fertility socks is such a neat organization! Hope your E2 comes back perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the socks idea! I have quite a collection of fun socks still from my college years--I'll have to break them out for RE visits! Also, congrats on the high follie count, and here's to lots of good ones in the bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wear funky socks to all my appointments too..My RE got a kick out of the ones that say "My Lucky Socks".....I LOVE cute socks! I'm a new follower! Love your blog name and can't wait to read it in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally buying cool socks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome about your folicle count! Hope they all turn out to be great quality.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here from ICLW.

    The socks are great!! Your blog name rocks btw!

    Good luck with your IVF.

    Rach
    www.thegalwho.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your socks made me smile =)
    Hope your follies are all good quality, GL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope they are good too!! That's one of my worries, the endo hurting the folicle development. I have my fingers crossed for you to keep getting good news!!!!

    Cute socks too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your socks! Good luck with this cycle. It looks like things are off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got my fertility socks the day AFTER my last IUI. I'm totally wearing them to the next one though. Good luck with your IVF this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY for a good number of follies! LOVE the socks! eeping everything crossed for you. Still digging the new layout. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great numbers! Good luck with the rest of this cycle. And the stripey socks totally rock! (I'm totally a stripey socks person, as I rambled about for Show & Tell this week).

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, fertility socks !! Well, I think the idea of funky socks to brighten stirrups days is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete