Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Venting my Thoughts

Facebook can sometimes be evil. I read all these status updates saying "My child did the CUTEST thing today" or "Today is the day little Johnny has to go to daycare for the first time". Each time I see them I throw up a little in my mouth. Well now Facebook has this new virus going around...for all the mommies out there, post how much your little darling child weighed when he/she was born! Are you kidding me? Three days before I start hormone medication and I have to read THAT crap? I'll be taking an extended break from Facebook for a while.

On top of that, my cat Jasmine is causing me problems again. When Brandon returned home from his deployment her bad behavior came back in full force. She would seek out his clothes (usually his work uniforms) and use them for her personal toilet. Brandon was furious. So we cut off her access to all bedrooms and our bathroom. We went out and bought a kitty collar that has some scent in it that helps calm cats. We also began looking for a new home for her. We put up ads on Craigslist and even had an ad put up on a Ragdoll rescue. Nobody was interested in a geriatric cat. Then this morning as I was getting dressed, I reached for my bra, which I had placed on one of the couches the night before. She had peed all over my bra and of course, onto the couch. Our lovely microsuede less-than-a-year-old couch. I lost it. I told Brandon to lock her up in the bathroom or her kennel for the day and I would call the humane societies today and drop her off. I can't take it anymore. I've been dealing with this issue for about 3 years which is far too long. Unfortunately if none of the humane societies will take her due to her age then we will have to put her down. I feel that it's a behavior issue and all she needs is a new family, other people I've talked to believe she's just getting old. It's hard to tell. We had taken her to the vet to find out what was wrong with her, they wanted $320 to run some testing. We said no.

Needless to say, today has not been very good so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment