Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Q&A Answer Time

I know it's a week late but I'm finally getting around to responding to the questions I received during my Q&A post.

1. How do you like being a Navy wife? What is it like? While I like the benefits of the Navy and the tight knit community, Brandon and I both actually treat it like any other job. It has its pros and cons and we're not really committed to staying in this lifestyle. At this point Brandon thinks he has more to gain in the civilian sector and he's working hard at getting his degree to do that. So while I like the experiences that only the Navy can offer, I will completely support Brandon if he decides he doesn't want to retire through the military.

2. How many people IRL know about your IF struggles and your decision to do IVF? I actually have the link to my blog on my Facebook and most of my co-workers, family and friends know about it. I'm very open about my infertility. However I don't know how many of them actually read my blog. I certainly never get comments from real-life friends.

3. If you have a choice, would you prefer having a boy, girl or twins (b/b, g/g, or one of each)? I know this may sound selfish, but I would prefer twins (anything but two girls!) just so I don't have to go through this again. However I'm very hopeful that if I'm successful in having a baby then maybe my body will start working normally and I won't have to deal with infertility anymore. Hey, it can happen!

4. Would you find out the sex of your baby? Would you tell? I could never go 9 months without finding the sex of the baby. I can't even go through my birthdays and Christmases without knowing exactly what I'll be getting.

5. In naming your kids, would you go with classic names like John, Matthew, Sarah, or something hip and cool like Sky, Hunter, Avery, etc? Brandon and I don't want a plain-Jane name for our kids but we don't want some wacky or oddly spelled name either. We agreed that if it's a girl, I get to pick out three girl names and Brandon gets to choose one of those names. If it's a boy he picks out three names and I get to choose one of those names. That way we each get a say in naming the baby...as long as I like at least one of the names he picks out :)

6. Would you share the name before he/she is born? I'm actually undecided about this one but I think I will end up sharing it before the baby is born.

If anyone can think of any more questions, just ask away and I'll post another Q&A Answer time!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for answering my questions =)

    I like your system for picking names. I think I will use a similar one in the future. I too would prefer twins, but if I had a chance, a boy and a girl. I want a girl for me, and a boy for DH. DH would make such a great Dad. He was an Eagle Scout and he would be great at doing boy things with a son. I haven't decided if I want to find out the sex either, and probably not tell the name of the baby. One of my friends found out the sex early on and decided on a name early, they were able to pray for the baby specifically by name, and I thought that was so cool!

    I'm praying that your ER that the number of your mature eggs jump tomorrow, and that you have lots of strong healthy embies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a Navy wife. It is amazing that I can deal with the uncertainty of PCSing (they seem to move JAGs before orders are up more than line officers as my H has been both) a lot better than the ups and downs of fertility treatments.
    One of my friends who dealt with infertility calls it "voodoo" medicine...I think of that when I am jumping through the various treatment, medicine & diet hoops...

    My finges are crossed that you hit the mature egg jackpot!

    ReplyDelete