Friday, January 15, 2010

I screwed up already

As I was sitting at the computer tonight waiting for 5pm to roll around, I had a slight panic attack and asked the hubby to go make sure my Lupron was safe and sound next to the minced garlic in the fridge. He said he couldn't find it. I got up to help him locate it and discovered I had left the vial on the counter ALL DAY. 11 damn hours it sat on the counter. In a panic I called Nurse D's cell phone. She assured me that it was okay to use again, that they just required you to refrigerate Lupron to prevent bacteria from growing. She said if I wanted I could call Freedom Fertility and ask them to ship me another vial but I don't want to do that. I just can't believe that I forgot to put it back in the fridge. And it's only my first day! I knew I would screw this up somehow.

4 comments:

  1. It's hard to remember everything at first - be kind to yourself, you're under a lot of pressure. Soon it will be all part of a routine; very ritualistic. And you know you'll remember from now on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! But a part from the small panic attack which I can totally understand, I can confirm that you can safely use your Lupron again! If the only reason they keep it refrigerated is for bacterial growth (and not drug instability), nothing woudl have grown in 11 hours and with a single use it! You are doing great my friend, these are little hichops that we all had. Fran

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about it. My Lupron was accidently THROWN away. I had to dig it out of the trash 2 days into my cycle. How about THAT for sanitary. This will be a fun story to put in a BABY BOOK ;) Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for donating to my PFM fundraiser and for adding the button to your blog! So far, we're up to $106! Hopefully we'll make it to $250 by the 26th.

    I absolutely LOVE your blog design! I'll be sticking around to read for sure! Good luck with your cycle!

    BTW - for my first IVF cycle, I wasn't even required to refrigerate it at all.

    ReplyDelete