Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The worst day of my life *UPDATE*

Not only did Brandon's detailer screw him on his orders and we're probably moving to Groton, CT instead of any other place we'd like to go, but I started bleeding today. I found out around 2, right before I was getting ready to go to my acupuncture. Bright.red.blood. All over my pad. And did I mention the clots? Now that I've wiped away all the initial blood and clots (and there was a lot) there isn't much coming out. Nurse D said that if I go through a pad an hour then I should go to the ER. I've pretty much lost all hope in this pregnancy. What's worse is that tomorrow's beta will tell me nothing I don't already know. What I need to know is if the numbers will go up or down. If this bleeding could mean nothing or if it means that I've lost everything. I need to know if the fact that I put in my Endometrin two hours late had anything to do with the blood. Today is such a shitty day.

**UPDATE** It's been about 3 hours and the bleeding is almost gone. Almost. I still have bright pink/red blood when I wipe but nothing makes it onto the pad. I guess that would be considered spotting at this point, right? Thankfully there are no more clots. I am hoping and praying that the worst is over and the bleeding will taper off over the next day or so. I'm having very slight cramping but it's been off and on like that for a few days now so I don't know what to think about that. I'm still confused about what happened. Perhaps my body just had some extra lining it had to get rid of? I passed about 4 or 5 small clots but not a giant one to indicate a lost embryo so as long as the clotting stays gone I think I can start to breathe again.

Dear God, Please don't scare me like that again. I would appreciate it.

15 comments:

  1. OMG! I do not know what to say! I will continue to keep sending positive thoughts.

    BTW--I would love to know how to get a detailer to give you one of your tour choices...we got nada despite an IA to Iraq. Of course, so far it has turned out to be an okay (but not great) assignment. Here's hoping the detailer changes it to King's Bay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm holding out hope that tomorrow gives you some answers. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly, and most importantly, being 2 hours late on meds DID NOT CAUSE THE BLEEDING. Any RE would tell you the same. There is a window on med doses that is up to a day long. I've seen it a million times before where women have missed even a whole day's worth of estrogen or progesterone due to pharmacy issues or other issues and their doctors tell them not to worry.

    This is not your fault. Please remember that.

    I won't tell you not to worry, but I'm still hoping and praying that thing are still moving in the right direction. I'll be abiding with you through the next couple of days and beyond as we wait for the betas. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry I don't have any answers for you. I do know that after having bright red spotting on the day of my beta, the nurse told me that didn't necessarily mean it would be negative because the uterine lining is so enriched by the progesterone that sometimes some comes out. I'm sure some other ladies can shed more light on the subject. I'm still hoping for a strong beta tomorrow! Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The endometrin being late shouldn't cause the bleeding, do don't blame yourself. Endometrin in general does have bleeding as a side effect and uf the applicator hit the cervix it could cause more bleeding as could sex since the cervix is full of easily broken cappillaries. I know it's scary but try to relax and just wait and see what tomorrow brings. Remember that the endometrin should prevent you from starting a period so it seems to me that this bleeding is not your period and therefore not a sign of BFN. Prayers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...I'm sorry to read this, but I, too, am still holding out hope for you. There are SO MANY things that can cause bleeding, and I hope none of them have to do with that second line. Keep us updated tomorrow, I've been following your blog just waiting for some good news.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still hoping for you and praying. *hugs* Will keep checking in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm praying that things will be OK. Will be following closely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh christa sending you a big hug.. Stay postitive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking good thoughts for you! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thinking of you my friend, this is dreadful, no matter how much (or little) blood you see is the most frightening thing. Don't think about the delay of taking the endometrin, I'm absolutely positive that didn't matter, I will keep everything crossed for you. My clinic every time I told them I was bleeding/spotting said that IVF pregnancy do bleed/spot much more than natural pregnancies. In my case it was because something was definitely wrong, but lots of others to bleed and spot normally. So until the beta are in I'll be hopeful for you. Much love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of hugs for you. Saying lots of prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will be saying a little prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete