Saturday, February 13, 2010

And now we wait some more

This 3 week wait will probably be hard than the 2WW I just had! No more betas or tests to show that my baby is growing as it should. It is particularly hard for me because I was pregnant once before and lost it around 5 or 6 weeks. It was back in 2003 when I was married to my ex-husband. I don't consider a "real" pregnancy because although we were taking Clomid and actively trying for a baby, I didn't know I was pregnant until the day of the miscarriage. My pregnancy tests were all negative and I got a period on time. There was no indication or symptoms of a pregnancy. That is why I'm trying to have more hope for this one, because I got the positive HPT's and I'm feeling the early symptoms of pregnancy.

They aren't much but I've found that I can't eat big meals anymore. I've become a seriously picky eater. For some reason the food just doesn't taste good. I feel like I want to spit it back out. Or maybe it's a texture issue. I'm experimenting with food to see what I can tolerate. It's mostly fruit right now. I had a tiny bout of nausea yesterday but today I seem perfectly fine (other than the fact that I woke up at 5 am with a growling stomach). Because I'm eating smaller meals I have to eat constantly, almost every hour unless I'm sleeping. I don't mind it but it's taking a while to get used to.

I'm also extremely tired. I mean super tired, like I just stayed up for 48 hours and I desperately need sleep. Only I haven't stayed up for 48 hours, it's only been about 9 hours and then I'm ready for a nap. I've been sleeping about 9-10 hours a day which may be too much and contributing to my sleepiness but I can barely stay awake at work. As soon as I get home all I want to do is eat and go straight to bed. Needless to say, none of the chores are getting done so Brandon will have to pick up the slack this weekend...while I sleep.

Yesterday I also bought my first baby-related thing. I bought the book "What to Expect when You're Expecting" and a pregnancy magazine. It felt weird buying something like that but I like the book and I learned last night that my baby is the size of a strawberry seed. Next week it will be a gummy bear. Geez, NOW I know why I'm hungry all the time! What's up with the food references in a pregnancy book? Did nobody think that was a bad idea when they were writing it??

Anyway, so the next three weeks may be pretty boring on this blog as I try to keep myself occupied with my upcoming move to Groton, CT. Yippee. I should be about 5 months pregnant by then. Poor Brandon will have to pack up the whole house alone, or at least move the boxes around for me while I pack. At least the military moves the boxes and furniture onto the truck and all we have to do is drive our vehicles to our new place. We are still debating about whether to sell his car so we only have to drive one car (and thus split the driving time between us) or just take both cars across the US. We'll need to make a decision soon so we can put his car up for sale if we decide to go that route. We're also debating about whether to buy a house or rent an apartment. Renting houses out there is rare as they are mostly vacation rentals and we don't want to live in base housing again. They'll only give us a tiny 2 bedroom townhome (based on our family size) and we could easily get a 3 bedroom with our housing allowance out in town. So many decisions to make!

12 comments:

  1. This wait will be harder than the 2ww! But the awesome thing is that YOU KNOW YOU ARE PREGNANT and the wait is just one big mind game (that, don't get me wrong, can definitely send you to the psych ward). Your symptoms sound great and fabulously normal. Just keep telling yourself that YOU ARE PREGNANT and try to enjoy it. (I'm such a hypocrit for telling you that because I was the worst at this point, so anxious and ridiculous...still am a little) Also, don't freak out if you have a little spotting because it's totally normal. Weird pains are normal too. Trust your body - it's working for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember how incredibly hard the wait to ultrasound was. Uggghhhhhh. Keep yourself busy. Keeping everything crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting, though! Hang in there and I think it's ok that you are sleeping like you are!! :) Hope the food thing gets better for you, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know at least with our PCS they packed and offered to unpack everything for us! I didn't have them unpack but i only packed very little when we moved here to Tampa. I would just label everything really well and when you get to CT when you have a few days with out your stuff figure out where you want it and let them do it... They are paid the same if they do it or don't do it!
    Have you checked out http://www.ahrn.com/
    They have some great houses and you know 90% of the time it is owned by a person in the military that PCSed like you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for you! I am sending lots of sticky, healthy pregnancy vibes to you!

    Good luck with the move prep. Is there anyone who could help drive out with the two of you? When we had the possibility of moving to WA from PA, we were going to have my brothers help us drive the vehicles out. Unless of course you are in need of a new car...then it may work out better to sell his and buy a new one when you get to CT. Decisions, decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, if you guys are interested, a friend of mine has a house in Groton. They are in the Navy and when they got new orders to South Carolina, they weren't able to sell their house in CT so they kept it and have been renting it. I don't know if it's empty now or if it will be when you would need it, but I can at least put you in touch! It's a really nice house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take care of yourself...I am sure your DH is thrilled to be helping out so you and your little bean can rest. Enjoy your pregnancy...you worked hard for it. Cannot wait for the updates.

    We found our house via ahrn.com...And we shipped one car...it wasn't cheap, but it was less than getting a new car when both of ours were fine. But if you need a new car, sell it in WA and get the minivan! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's funny is that we HAVE a minivan. I bought it new in 2004 thinking I'd have kids by then!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was super busy this week and was just catching up on your posts... CONGRATULATIONS! :) You must be over the moon, I'm so happy for you both!! I have never been in your shoes but one thing I would say is listen to your body. If you're tired, sleep and if you're hungry (or not) well then you know. Everybody is so different but your body will tell you what it needs ;)

    I hope these next weeks go by super fast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, congrats! So happy for you.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first ultrasound waiting time is excruciating! Hope they go a bit fast for you. I cannot wait for mine either =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with the others.. try to keep busy and the time will come so much quicker!I know it's easier said than done.. I did the 2ww then the 2ww for the u/s and now I am on another 2ww for the second u/s the one when we hopefully see a heart beating and our baby! It seems like the 2ww never really ends.. hang in there for now sweetie and try to concentrate on the little miracle or miracles growing inside of you!!!

    ReplyDelete