Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I spoke too soon *UPDATE*

This morning I woke up with spotting. Very light spotting but it was still there. I had been a little nervous over the past week because I would see some blood on the progesterone applicators but it never turned into actual spotting so I haven't thought much about it. Now it's there. I even had a few teeny tiny clots with some red blood. I'm very concerned. I'm 6 weeks today and it's right around this time that I had my last miscarriage. It was the only other time I had been pregnant. For the first time last night I didn't have to get up in the middle of the night to pee. My boobs stopped hurting. I wasn't as tired yesterday as I usually am. I wonder if my body knows before I do that I'm not pregnant anymore. I hope I can get an appointment today for an ultrasound. I'm not sure if I can make it till next Tuesday, especially if the bleeding gets worse this morning.

I always told myself that even if I miscarry, I'll still be happy for the few weeks of joy that I felt knowing I was pregnant. But after my last bleeding scare, when I thought I had miscarried back then, I thought to myself that the devastation I feel after losing my baby would never be able to make up for the few moments of joy I had. If I do miscarry, I wonder if I'll ever be able to think back on this pregnancy and remember the happy times. If I don't miscarry, I wonder if I'll ever be able to enjoy this pregnancy and allow myself to relax.

**UPDATE** It's 11 am and the spotting is off and on. It goes away for a couple hours then comes back. I still have my cramping however. I've always had dull cramping off and on for the past two weeks but today I have the dull cramping along with some sharp pains near my left ovary. I get the pain about every 10 minutes or so. It's nothing too painful but it is pretty uncomfortable. I spoke with the nurse and she moved my ultrasound appointment to tomorrow morning. I'm not sure if I'll be able to see a heartbeat but at least I'll be able to see if the baby is measuring on schedule and if I have bleeding in my uterus. The nurse seems to think I may have irritated my vagina with the all the progesterone use since I've been seeing blood on the applicator for the past week. I just can't wait to get a dose of reassurance tomorrow.

18 comments:

  1. hang in there! it sucks that you can't fully enjoy the pregnancy bc of all the worries, but KMFC for you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh spotting is so scary, especially after we've gone through miscarriages. I know I can tell you that spotting could be normal in some pregnancies but it wouldn't do any comfort, I know that. I probably would call the doctor to see what they say if they want you to go in or wait it out. I'm sorry this is happening right now, I am praying that maybe the cervix is irritated from the progesterone and nothing else. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spotting is totally normal. I spotted brown, pink, and red for an entire week. It finally stopped. I also passed clots...large clots. My nurse said it is totally normal...and is even more common in IVF patients.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christa, I'm keeping you in my thoughts. I hope that everything is okay and that you can get in to the doctor's to confirm that soon. Wishing you a happy healthy baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get that appt, it'll help you to relax. Big hugs, you'll be in my thoughts today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you today and praying that it isn't what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweetie, I'm thinking of you. I know you know that spotting can be normal, but nothing will put you at ease more than an ultrasound. Please update soon. Much love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am thinking of you. Bleeding is common in pregnancy they tell me, but I can completely understand your worry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The same thing happened to me at 7 weeks. I was a MESS. I called and told my Dr I was bleeding and he got me in right away. Everything turned out just fine, as I am sure it will with you too. Here is the link to my post about it. keep us updated!

    http://greylon.blogspot.com/2008/08/what-relief.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christa, I hope your fears are never realized. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the Dr is able to help you today. Please keep us updated. I will be thinking about you all day! ((HUGS))!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll be thinking of you and hope you can get an appointment to put your mind at ease.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I know of only one woman who DIDN'T spot in early pregnancy. It's so normal, but still crazy scary. Remember that not only can the progesterone applicator bump your cervix (filled with delicate cappillaries), but the actual hormone can cause some bleeding. Another thing is that your body takes way longer to know that you're not pregnant (if, god forbid, that were the case). Lack of symptoms is just normal - they'll come back or maybe new ones will arise. You will be so fine!!! Try to worry (yeah, right) and make yourself too crazy. I know that tomorrow you'll see your little peanut!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Christa. I hope everything is right on track and looks great tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Christa, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am hoping that everything looks great tomorrow morning. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. KMFC that things are perfect, and it's just normal spotting and cramping.

    ReplyDelete
  16. you are in my prayers sweetie. I hope all is ok with you and your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you had some great news this morning!

    ReplyDelete