Friday, February 12, 2010

Beta #2 and my 100th post

Today I had my second beta. Nurse D said they want to see my beta double +/- 15%. That means my range of a healthy beta rise is 190-258. My beta was 297! That means I am officially pregnant. I'm currently 4w2d (4 weeks 2 days) and my due date is October 20th. I'm not sure if I should read too much into that beta number (twins?) but I'm just taking it one day at a time. I put my beta chart down below. It looks like I'm in the high range. By the way, the Singleton title means a single baby. It has nothing to do with my last name. :) My first ultrasound is Tuesday March 2nd. If all goes well at the ultrasound appointment we had hoped to officially announce our pregnancy to family and friends. Unfortunately it looks like that won't happen.

You see, the cat's out of the bag. One of my co-workers that reads my blog has been "hinting" to my other co-workers that I'm pregnant (which is the same as telling them KELLY!!). Don't try to deny it, I have sources. So now I can't get through a day of work without someone coming up to me and asking me how I'm feeling or how I'm doing, sometimes followed by a sly wink. I can't stand it anymore. I can't possibly go another three weeks saying "I'm fine" with a straight face. My co-workers' poor attempts at making small talk make me want to laugh hysterically.

So now it's time to out my family. I have Google Analytics, Mom, I know you're stalking me. Who else from Macon would be reading my blog. Pappap, you visit my blog three times a day?? I didn't know I had that much interesting stuff to read about! Just don't tell Mimi I cuss on here. It'll be our little secret. And there's no use outing my sister Becky because she's the one that emailed me two HOURS after I posted my first pee stick picture!

So come on out of the lurking closet, people. Say whatever you want, ask whatever you want. Just don't rub my belly. It may be protruding a little bit but I assure you, it's just fat.



12 comments:

  1. I was so waiting for your updates! So you are officially pregnant and I'm moving you to the pregnant list!! Another one crosses the bridge!! Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whooooo Hooooooo!!!! Celebrate, my friend! Shout it from the roof tops and let your friends and family celebrate with you (at least, that's what I would do!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely number! I'm going to guess one strong bean! When is your first u/s? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great news!! Congratulations!! How absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!! Such fantastic news!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!! Great number and too funny about those being outted. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHAHAHA...I would not wanna be "Kelly" right now. Congrats, Christa...I'm so jealous that you got a 2nd beta. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Actually Kelly called and said she was NOT the one who spilled the beans. Apparently this co-worker found out somehow and blamed it on Kelly when she was interrogated by my "source".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats I hope it is twins because they are amazing!!! Mine are now 2y/o. I love seeing another person with PCOS crossing the line for motherhood. When I first got pregnant with my twins I had the type of bleeding that you described. I was told it was implantation bleeding that was due to multiple pregnancy. My family and I will be praying for you and Brandon. I am so amazingly happy.. Enjoy every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one amazing second beta!!! I am glad all is looking grat and cannot wait for your BIG appointment on the second!!! Enjoy your new 2ww... and being pregnat!!!

    ReplyDelete