Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Today's beta is brought to you by the letter B and the number....

112!!!!!!

That's much higher than I anticipated. I was hoping for something between 60 and 80. My bleeding has completely stopped as of this morning. Last night before I went to bed there was another small clot and some brownish spotting but it wasn't bad. This infertility crap really takes you for a loop. After seeing all that blood yesterday I thought for sure this ride was over. But perhaps I just had some excess lining I had to get rid of. I suppose we can just take it one day at a time. Next beta is Friday.
Quick question- I've seen some bloggers with a beta line graph that shows normal, low and high betas and then you can enter your own beta numbers to compare. Does anyone know where I can find that?

PS- For non-IFer's a beta test is a blood test used to determine just exactly "how" pregnant you are. Are this stage in the cycle the doctor wants to see a number above 50 but any number above a 5 is technically considered a positive test. The number should double by Friday (+/- 15%) to indicate a healthy developing pregnancy. If the number does not fall within the range or is lower than the first beta then it's considered a chemical pregnancy and a miscarriage will happen. If its tripled by Friday then, well, maybe it's twins.

15 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! I have been thinking about you all morning. I will keep sending the positive thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Christa, what great news!!! I've been waiting to hear. I'm so glad.

    Here's the link that I think you're referring to: http://babymed.com/tools/pregnancy/hcg/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's the link that you were looking for: http://babymed.com/Tools/Pregnancy/hCG/Default.aspx

    That's a great first number! I'm praying for a nice double or more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wohooooww!! that's a great number!! So I'll tell you what, we'll wait for your beta on friday and then I'll move to the other list, is that ok?
    Much love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOo HOO I had an excited giggle for you!!! Congrants on being PREGGERS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What encouraging news! Awesome! Keeping you and your lil' one in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!!! That is a great number Christa! Here's to double numbers for Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was coming over from LFCA to wish you good luck on your beta...and I get to read such good news already! Congrats! I'll be thinking of you as you wait for the second test.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! That's a fabulous number!

    Sorry to hear about your Rotten Groton orders though...

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATS!!!! I used to use something called Beta Base (http://www.betabase.info/) Where you could compare your numbers with other people on your same DPO and compare singletons to twins :) So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay!! Congrats! So happy for you. Now you can breathe a sigh of relief!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay, yay, yay! that's a great number =)
    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOWWWW!! That's so awesome :) Congrats hun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. 112!!!! wow girl that is a strong first beta!!! Congratulations Mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is fantastic news!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete