Sunday, February 7, 2010

Curiosity Killed the Cat

Actually the vet killed our cat about two weeks ago but you all know I didn't mean that saying in the literal sense. It meant that armed with my new supply of pregnancy tests I decided to test again this morning. And then I saw it. The faintest of faint lines. I thought at first that I was just seeing directly through the paper to the line underneath, the one that shows up when you're actually pregnant. I pulled out an unused test to see if I could see those lines. If you look carefully at an unused pregnancy test you can actually see the invisible lines underneath. But they're a grayish color. My line was pink. Barely visible, but pink. I asked the husband for a second opinion. Actually I flipped on the lights in the bedroom and stuck my pee stick in his face. After his eyes adjusted to the light, he too said he could see the line. But maybe he was just eager to get me to turn the lights back off. So I'm sharing the best quality photos I could make. Taking a picture of a pregnancy test is hard so forgive me. I have a $500 camera and the damn thing wouldn't focus. Click on the photo for a better look.




20 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I can definitely see those lines! I'm a total testaholic and I'd be peeing again around 12 after having held my pee since at least 9am. So are you gonna test again. Are ya? Can't wait to see that line grow darker!

    PS- Do you have a scanner? Sometimes early, faint BFPs show up better if you scan them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How ingenious!!!! I never thought of that. But the picture doesn't look better, maybe it's too light still. I'll try again tomorrow. I only POAS once a day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I CAN TOTALLY SEE IT!!!!! EEEKKKK!!! Sorry if I am a little too excited for someone who has never met you. But I remember what it felt like when I was in your shoes and I love seeing other people experience that too. I am going to go ahead and say it, CONGRATS! That is EXACTLY what my 7dp3dt looked like. Here is the link to mine if you want to compare. I can't wait to see that line get darker tomorrow. http://greylon.blogspot.com/2008/07/4dp-5dp-6dp-7dp-and-8dp3dt.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally see the line!!! I told you it was just too soon yesterday!! Oh my God I'm so happy for you!! Fran

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I see it too! Go get a CBE -- seeing those words will make it real! If the FRER is picking it up, even slightly, the CBE will, too.

    Congrats!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see it!!!! Take another and compare tomorrow morning but I'd say start doing the happy dance today!!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see it too! I would say you are pregnant Christa!!!! OMG...so happy for you right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everybody for the reassurance! After writing my post it finally hit me that all my struggles could finally be over. I started bawling at the computer desk. Apparently my dog had never heard me cry before and started barking at me like I was a burglar or something. I had to quit crying to shut him up.

    I won't breathe a sigh of relief until we see the heartbeat but this is a really big milestone and I'll cherish it forever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was like my faint line!!!YAAAAY!!!! I was so convinced it was nothing and here I am 5 weeks and 1 day pregnant!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see it! Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you!!

    {And I love your note to family and friends! AMEN!!}

    ReplyDelete
  12. wooooooo hoooooooooooooo!!! That is defintely a line my dear. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can definitely see that pink line! OMG!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I see it too! Congrats, Christa!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! Congrats! Very happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally see it! OMG!! Congrats! We are going to push for a 3dt tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I see it! I see it!!! wooohooo!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes - it's light, but it's there! Eeek!

    -Carrie
    http://welayinrepose.livejournal.com

    ReplyDelete