Saturday, February 6, 2010

Can't Expect Miracles

Today I'm 7dp3dt and I took a HPT this morning. It was negative. I was a bit disappointed but not surprised. I bought the digital kind so I'm wondering if I should stick with the regular ones since I can inspect the line(s). My sore boobs and spotting are gone and for the past two days I've had some lower abdominal cramping. Today is worse than yesterday. I'm beginning to get a bit worried but I heard from some preggo ladies that it could actually be a sign of pregnancy? I never thought cramping would be a good thing. For me it's always been a sign that AF is about to show up. Anyone want to weigh in on that? If you had a positive beta, what were your symptoms like during the 2WW and when did you start experiencing them? I'm waiting till Monday to POAS again. Maybe I'll have better news by then.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Christa, my experience has been identical no matter the outcome. Two BFP and two BFN and I couldn't tell the difference. Mostly my dreams were an indication if it makes sense. But I wouldn't count on them either! 7dp3dt is early and I know you know that also, plus the digital are definitely NOT the way to go to check on low level of HCG. FRER is by far the best one, never failed me! Love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you look on the side of the POAS kit box, you are reminded how inaccuarate they can be.

    Still sending positive thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't remember, so I looked up on my blog when I was going through all of that. I was having cramps at that time. Here's 6dp5dt: http://welayinrepose.livejournal.com/2008/09/29/

    Just keep clicking "next" at the bottom and you can read how everything played out for us.

    Definitely get a First Response test - they are the most accurate that I've seen. I never got a digital, but had wanted to *after* I knew I was pregnant so I could see those magical words appear :)

    -Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get a CBE digital. It read positive for me two days before the FRER did. Oh -- and I was also negative at 7dp3dt, and 8 dp3dt. Didn't test on day 9 -- but got a BFP on day 10!!!!! Don't give up -- it's coming!

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's still early so don't worry too much about it. I wish I could share some experiences, but I've never had a BFP before, so not much help here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waaaay to early to tell so don't be discouraged!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, first...if I remember correctly, First Response non-digital tests can detect some of the lowest amounts of HCG. I believe I got my BFP 10 dp b2b iuis. Also, I have to tell you...the cycle when I got my BFP was the worst I had ever had. I felt so depressed and miserable. I honestly spent a few days crying and lying in bed all day because I was so depressed. On the day I tested, I completely expected a BFN...I had no hope for a BFP, but there it was! I had never seen that second line before, and I had myself convinced it was another wasted cycle. Hold out hope! Don't test again for another couple of days :) I have so much hope for this cycle for you!!!

    ReplyDelete