Thursday, March 24, 2011

Waiting Sucks

There's a few important things I'm waiting on in my life right now that's causing me a bit of stress. The most important one is my FET schedule. I'm due for a baseline ultrasound in less than 2 weeks, if my calculations are right. So it's a bit stressful to not have a schedule detailing all the other appointments I need. I still have to book my flight, hotel, rental car and ultrasound appointments and it's all on hold till I get that piece of paper. I'm trying not to stress about it but it's getting to me.

So let's talk about something else, shall we? The raffle for the Lost Stork Foundation ends on Saturday so please check it out and buy a ticket if you can. We haven't sold any raffle tickets so far and the end of the raffle is only two days away! Also, the LSF has moved from a Facebook group to a Facebook page so followers can get updates through their news feed instead of having to visit the group's page. Unfortunately followers of the group could not be moved to the page so please stop by and click "Like" if you would like to receive updates from the Lost Stork!

In adoption news we've got an appointment next week with my PCM to discuss substance abuse issues and their effects on babies. We just don't have enough information to make an informed decision and since it's part of our adoption questionnaire we need get more information before we can fill that section out. I specifically asked for an appointment with a pediatrician but we've got no kids so apparently that isn't an option. I was told that if my PCM doesn't know the answer to some of our questions then she can just run over to the Pediatrics Dept and ask someone. WTF. I hate Tricare sometimes.

I'm starting to get things ready for our trip to Ireland, even though it's two months away. I need to buy a power converter for our electronic stuff so that will need to be ordered soon. And I'm going to pack the things we don't plan on using between now and then, like our camera and tripod. I've also got plans to meet two blog friends on our trip, Fran from Everyone else but me and Mrs S. from Him+Me+Three?Maybe. I'm so excited! Fran lives in Dublin so it was only natural to make plans to meet her and her precious baby Oliver. But Mrs S. is also planning a trip to Ireland/London the same two weeks we're going and it just so happens that we'll be in the Galway at the same time! How cool is that? I'm so excited to be able to meet two blog friends on my upcoming vacation. I told Brandon about it and our conversation went a little like this:

Me: Hey babe, you know how we're meeting Fran when we go to Ireland? Well now we're meeting another blog friend of mine, only she's from the US and will just happen to be in Ireland at the same time!
Brandon: Really? So we're actually going to be meeting Fran?
Me: Of course we are, I just haven't hashed out the exact plans. Why do you think we wouldn't meet her?
Brandon: Because it wasn't on your itinerary.

Well played, Brandon, well played. Looks like I'll have to add my friends to my itinerary so he isn't confused anymore. Sheesh.

6 comments:

  1. the trip meeting of friends sounds serendipitous!!! I hope all the questions get answered by the PCM for you so you can move forward with adoption (IF the FET doesn't result in a BFP!!) As for the FET...I know you travel to NC for treatment, but where? and why? Is the NC clinic better? Just wonderging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's only 6 military facilities in the US that organize IVF. While there's one in D.C., I've always gone to the one in NC as they do monthly cycles instead of quarterly ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. exciting things are in the works it sounds like--another step in the adoption journey and a fabulous trip! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your trip is going to be so much fun... and i laughed hard at your hubby's itinerary comment
    :D
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like your itinerary is very specific. You may have to put the little things on there, just to make it absolutely clear that they're going to happen too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. For a second I thought he didn't want to meet me!! Boohooo!! but no, all is cool, it just had to be on the itinerary!! I'm flexible of course, so you tell me when suits you best! Can't wait! And so so cool you meet another fellow blogger in Galway!!

    ReplyDelete