Saturday, March 12, 2011

What a Crummy Day

First off, I'm sorry I got everyone's hopes up this morning, posting a picture of a pregnancy test that I obviously thought was positive only to find out I read the fucking test wrong. Not to mention I drove an hour out of my way to get a beta because of said pregnancy test. I feel like a complete and total idiot, and I'm a little pissed and disappointed to boot.

So I figured I need to let off some steam and practice for this week's 5K run. Brandon and I headed to the track, which I haven't been to one since high school. It was an EPIC FAIL. I got one lap in (1/4 mile) before having to quit. Running works out muscles I've apparently never used before. My shins and the bottoms of my feet were killing me, even though I wasn't pounding the pavement very hard! It wasn't running and it wasn't jogging, it was more of a fatty shuffle and yet my legs were still not happy with this new exercise. I'll go back tomorrow and try again, only I'll walk the first lap for a warm-up and then start jogging, or fatty shuffling, whichever I feel comfortable doing. Hopefully I'll get two straight laps of jogging in and then switch to another lap of walking. That would be one mile. Then all I have to do is do that 3.5 times on Saturday and I'm golden.

After our "run", Brandon and I went to the grocery store where I got this cereal just because I like the box. The fact that it's gluten free is kinda nice, though I've never tried the gluten-free thing for fertility.

66 more days!

9 comments:

  1. Christa, I'm so sorry you've had such a crappy day! I hate those confusing HPT's. As far as the running, I wouldn't push it to be ready for next week--you'll just set yourself up for an injury. There's nothing wrong with walking the whole 3.1 miles--I've done many a 5k that way and had fun!

    Hope your weekend improves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the false alarm. Stupid HPTs. Just have to say that I am so tickled by your description of you running. I do the fatty shuffle as well, but I try to avoid having to do it at all cost. I hate to run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a whirlwind! I signed onto Blogger and saw the post saying you were pregnant, but when I went to click on it, it was no longer available. And then I saw the post about how it was a false alarm. I'm so sorry, hun. I could tell you were soooo excited. I think all HPTs should have the same criteria. None of that two lines for some and a plus sign for others. It's just too confusing! I'm so sorry for your crummy day. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about your bad day =(. Damn HPTs. I hope tomorrow is much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, I" sorry that you had a crummy day, so totally not fair that the test was confusing. I'm also going to have to agree about walking the 5k. A week isn't enough time to make much of a difference, and I can tell you, you don't want to give yourself shinsplints... they suck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That particular type of test sucks! Sorry for the confusion.
    And yes, don't hurt yourself, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im so sorry about the pt dissapointment. But good for you to making it to the track. Exercise is great for blowing off steam. hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry about the disappointment, I am sure it still hurts all the same. I had a false positive on my last IVF cycle and it was just devastating.

    I agree with the above writers, a week isn't long enough for anyone to prepare for a 5K so don't feel bad. I am actually doing a Couch to 5K running program and it takes 9 weeks. I just finished week 1, and it was 60 seconds of running alternating with 90 seconds of walking. I wouldn't push yourself beyond that, it's just not fair to your body! But a 5K walking is completely and totally do-able. I've done many for charity, and I'd say 70% of the people end up walking it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry about the HPT.... you are stronger than me for hitting the track, I would have probably hit the bottle :( ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete