Sunday, March 20, 2011

ICLW Welcome & Other Random Updates

First off, I'd like to say hello to everyone stopping by for ICLW. For those of you unfamiliar with ICLW, it stands for International Commenting Leaving Week. Mel from Stirrup Queens hosts the event every month and it's a way to socialize with others in the ALI community. I encourage everyone to give it a try!

So I suppose introductions are in order. I'm Christa, author of Fearlessly Infertile. My husband and I are currently residing in CT, though we're a military family and we move alot so we're hoping to make it back to the West Coast in a couple years. Not that we hate CT (actually we do) but we really miss living in Washington. We've been married 3 1/2 years and have been trying to conceive since before then. 2 IVF's and a FET later we have one miscarriage and 5 frozen embryos to show for it, but alas no baby. So now we're in the "boring" part of FET #2...waiting for AF to show up. I'm on the last few days of Provera, just twiddling my thumbs for the moment. Transfer Day is scheduled for May 2nd. We're also researching domestic adoption and have an application on our desk ready to be filled out. But for now we're just going to prep our house for a homestudy and not really pursue anything adoption-wise until we're done with infertility treatments.

So as I wait to embark on FET #2 I decided to keep myself busy. I recently hit 200 followers (yay!) and I'm hosting an awesomely awesome raffle to benefit the Lost Stork Foundation. The LSF is a new non-profit organization that will be providing grants to infertile and adoptive couples. It's in its infancy so they're not accepting applications yet but they're trying to build their grant fund and could use your help! Because I'm a sucker for a good cause I put together an anti-stress gift set to raffle off this week.

Check out the detailed info here and please please please donate if you can. We all know how much infertility and adoption can cost and we have a great new organization that wants to help our community. But first they need our help, not just by spreading the word but by opening our pocketbooks. And considering a $1 ticket is less than the cost of a cup of coffee, it won't break anyone's bank. So please enter the raffle if you can! Entires are accepted through Saturday March 26th and the winner will be announced the next day.

In other news, I copped out on the 5K run this weekend, the one where I only had 8 measly days to prepare. I didn't see the point in paying $60 for me and Brandon to attend when I knew I'd be walking the whole time. I wanted more of a challenge than that. And I think I'm on the verge of giving up on my weight loss quest (for the record I weighed in at 198.6 this morning, but who's counting). With everything else that's going on right now I just don't have time to hit the gym or the track. Our gym membership expires in May and we're probably not going to renew it. That $55 a month can be utilized somewhere else in our budget (mainly for adoption). It will suck having to drive 30 minutes to the gym on base but at least we have a free resource (even if they have no air conditioning and it gets really hot in the summer). And I can diet on my own and save another $18 a month by dumping the Weight Watchers Online account. So I'm weighing my options on that (pardon the pun).

And raise your hand if you noticed that I now have less than 60 days till Ireland!!!!! For my ICLW visitors who don't know, my husband and I are going to Ireland in mid-May, right after our FET. I'll know before we leave whether I'm preggo but I won't get my first ultrasound till after we get back. I'm so so very excited to be going and I hope I get to meet some blog friends while I'm there!

Well that's it for the updates. I hope everyone enjoys their visit to my little corner of the blog world and feel free to stop by and say hello every now and then!

8 comments:

  1. I'm seriously jealous of you and that trip to Ireland! It's on my list of places I desperately want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following you for a while. But I don't comment all that much. Just wanted to say I hope you enjoy your trip to Ireland and I hope that baby will be safely tucked in and enjoying Ireland as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Christa, thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm excited for you that you get to go to Ireland. I hope everything works out for your FET. I know how stressful IF treatments can be.

    Happy ICLW
    Jonelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi from ICLW. I so know how you feel being somewhere that you currently have to be, but looking to eventually be closer to where you are from. We moved from PA to OK seven months ago and were stricken with secondary IF shortly thereafter. Yay!

    Best wishes on your FET. And woo hoo for Ireland!!

    149

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweetie, I'll definitely be here for when you arrive! for now I'll be following your FET preparation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi from ICLW! I first want to say that I wish you the very best of luck with your FET. I absolutely love your blog title and graphic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi from ICLW! Wow, IRELAND! My husband and I went in 2007 and had a fantastic time. Can't wait to hear about your trip and hopefully see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ireland sounds great, and May seems like the perfect time to go to see all the greenery! Hope you have lots of fun!

    ICLW #97

    ReplyDelete