Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Shopping for a Non-existent Baby

It's bad enough that I made my first baby purchase almost a year ago and I still have no baby to show for it, but I'm starting to get that bug again. The baby shopping bug. Because now I know that one way or the other we're having a baby. Whether it's through adoption or pregnancy or visiting the Lost Kid Building at Disney World (don't judge, you know you've thought of that too!).

So I thought I would start expanding on my hedgehog-themed nursery. For those of you who don't know, I love hedgehogs. They're easily my favorite animal. I had one in college. His name was Brillo and when he was pissed off he would make a funny noise that sounded like he was brewing coffee. I need a glove to pick him up but after he unwound from his ball he was fine to hold in my hand. He wasn't the friendliest creature as he didn't appreciate being awake during the day but he was a good pet for the few short years I had him (they don't live long).
Since Brandon isn't a Disney fan at all, I couldn't choose a Pooh-themed nursery. I had been debating about whether to pick Snoopy when I discovered this bedding from the UK. I knew I had to have it so I bought it last year, just in case they discontinued it. So that's been my one baby purchase for the past year or so. Until I got the shopping bug again. So a couple weeks ago I bought this cute hedgehog pull toy. Next on my list is a little hedgehog nightlight (which isn't a true nightlight but he's a hedgehog and he lights up so that's good enough for me). And I might buy these cute storage bins though they're extremely expensive and I'm currently checking with family members to see if someone can make me a couple for cheaper than $40 each. This kid is gonna be tricked out in hedgehog stuff by the time I'm done shopping. Oh well. It keeps me busy!

10 comments:

  1. Hedgehogs are awesome, for the most part. But I do know the exact noise that you're talking about. The storage bins are adorable, and they shouldn't be that hard to replicate. I bought one baby thing when we first started trying - a car-seat, one that will likely be nearly past it's expiration date before it even gets out of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute theme!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it...we buy a very few things each year that are unique when we are having encouraging days. love your theme btw...so cute and unique!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I am there with you! lol
    What ever shop I went into tonight at the mall.. I just happened to step right in front of the baby section. It really is embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your shopping and planning for the baby that will come (you just don't know when) is good therapy for you. It gives you a sense of preparing even when you're not actively pursuing treatment. Good for you! And, the hedgehog theme is very unique and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hedgehog theme! So cute and unique! I can't help but window shop for an non-existant baby. I have wishlists everywhere! I haven't bought anything yet, but boy have I been tempted to!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of a hedgehog theme. Personally, I'm a huge elephant fan - I know, it's been done - but the thought of an elephant themed nursery makes me happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO CUTE! I'm in love love love with owl themed stuff. I have bedding picked out and everything!!! =) (I may buy the bedding soon for the same reason you bought yours)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi girl- thanks for visiting - I love ICLW- and I say shop away. If it makes you happy how wrong could it be?

    ReplyDelete