Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Life is Boring

I suppose I owe you guys an update of sorts, yet there isn't much to talk about, at least not much that I feel like talking about right now. I'm still seeing my acupuncturist once a week, though I'm not sure if I like her. On our first visit I had to sit there and give her my entire menstrual history, starting from my first period. By the time I got to IVF #1, she was giving me this most sorrowful look, as though I had told her I had terminal cancer. Hold the tears, lady, the story ain't over yet. Now during every visit she's asking me how I'm feeling and insists on giving me a hug every time I see her, along with her sorrowful looks. It's a nice gesture once or twice but she's overkill.

We decided not to do the clinical trial. It's not completely free, we would still be on the hook for anesthesia during retrieval ($800) and meds (though I'm not sure if Tricare would pay for those). It's just Estrace and Endometrin, which they paid for during my IVF cycles. It would have been an easy cycle to do, no injections to take (not even Lupron), no daily ultrasound visits (I think they only wanted to do two) but we're really over the whole fertility treatments right now. Maybe in five years we'll revisit the idea but for now we're just going to finish up these FET's and be done with it. Our priority now is to be parents, we could care less about getting pregnant.

On the adoption front we paid the $200 pre-application fee and got our Big Packet in the mail. We read through everything but we're not ready to start chipping away at the paperwork yet. For now we're going to focus on little stuff, selling a few things on Craigslist and eBay, painting the future nursery, and then when we get back from Ireland we'll start scheduling our homestudy and all that.

Speaking of Ireland, 69 more days! After doing more research on our trip (cause you can never do too much research!) I kinda had my heart set on visiting Skellig Michael to see some puffins. I love saying that word...puffin. I smile every time I do. But I digress. Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to fit the puffin (*smile*) trip into our schedule so we're going fishing in Dingle instead. I love fishing!

And there's no way I can tie fishing into this next subject but I just felt like I needed a little FB rant. I have a friend from high school who just got married in March of last year. His wife had a little girl in September (don't bother doing the math, she was 3 months along) and his status update today said "IT'S A BOY!!!!" What.the.fuck. Don't you have to be like 4 months along to find out the sex? So that means her baby was like 8 weeks old when she got knocked up again? It never ceases to amaze me how easily some people can procreate as I sit here barren as a wasteland. Le sigh.

6 comments:

  1. I still havent figured out how your posts merge bad stuff so seemlessly with comedy, but i enjoy them.

    I have a cousin that's pretty much had 3 kids in 3 years. None of them planned. I just shrug and laugh. It's beyond my comprehension at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ireland sounds FABULOUS!!!! What a way to be able to look forward to something fun and exciting and then return to move closer to getting your baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Ireland when I was younger and it was WONDERFUL...my favorite part of backpacking around Europe. I just had ANOTHER friend announce their pregnancy and 2 more that just had babies and 2 more that are due any minute....it sucks to be surrounded by it and have it rubbed in our faces...my heart goes to you. Remain excited for your trip and sounds like you are on a good path.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love puffins too!! you may see some in the west of Ireland though, you never know! Love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO excited to hear about your Ireland trip! I have always wanted to go there!

    Good for you guys for taking a breather and just taking it slow - sometimes that is the best thing we can do for ourselves!

    OMGosh re: your facebook friend. That actually creeps me out a little. Ok, and frustrates me a lot!

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for a plan. Both regarding the FETs and Ireland. I wish you could see Puffins, too! Totally brings a smile. I think I am looking forward to your trip almost as much as you are, LOL.

    ReplyDelete