Saturday, March 6, 2010

No heartbeat

Last night I had some cramping but no bleeding so I thought nothing of it. This morning I had a little nookie with the hubby and afterward immediately passed a few small clots and had some bright pink spotting. So we took a trip to the ER. There was no way I was going to spend the next 3 days worrying until my Tuesday ultrasound. After 6 HOURS at the ER and the longest ultrasound of my life, the doctor told us they couldn't find a heartbeat. Brandon and I didn't see it either. We are heartbroken. I'm still going to my ultrasound on Tuesday but I think the ride is officially over. We are so disappointed and bitter right now that we're not sure whether we even want to try another IVF. We can do a FET with our two frozen embryos but we might consider adoption first if the wait time isn't that long. We don't know what route to take and right now we don't feel like doing anything. It just doesn't seem worth the rollercoaster ride of emotions. I don't know if I can go through another disappointment like this

24 comments:

  1. Oh no... I'm so sorry honey. Definitely keep your appointment. I don't want to give you false hope, but maybe a more experienced RE and better equipment...

    :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very sorry to hear this and will most def be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so, so sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I wish there were something more I could say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to read this :( What a roller coaster you two have been on...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my God...this is not what I was hoping to read my friend, I am so so so sorry. Take your time to look after yourself and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I'll keep hoping that the news will be different on Tuesday but I know it's the hardest thing ever for both of you. Much love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh sweetie I am so so sorry for this news. I am a strong believer that sometimes there aren't enough words.... I am thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry. Keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so genuinely sorry, Christa. Keeping both you and Brandon in my thoughts... {{HUG}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry. Nobody wants to read this is happening to you. I know no words can help, but I am wishing for time to pass quickly...it's the only thing that dulls the pain. So very, very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am just so sorry.. i can't imagine how difficult this is. Stay strong and you will get threw this together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw this title in blogger and my heart dropped. I'm so sorry to hear about this and know nothing I say can stop the pain. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! Not what I wanted to read today... I am heartbroken for you and so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sorry. I know this must be horrible. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry Christa. I was so shocked to read this today. My heart is breaking for you :( I hope you find some peace in your next steps.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry to hear that. Thinking of you. (Hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Having been there, I know that there are no good words for this. Just know I am thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh no, I'm so heartbroken for you! What terrible news! I'm keeping you in my thoughts. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh dear! I am devestated for you and your DH. I will pray that you will be given the strength to get through this terrible time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh no! I just saw this. I am so sorry. I completely know how you feel. Please take time to do lots of good things for yourself. It really helped me. Exercise helped as well. Hang in there sweetie! After some time goes by you won't want to give up. I did but am now changing my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am just checking in to see how you are doing. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've been watching all day hoping you update about today's ultrasound, praying and thinking about you. I know how devastating it is to be in this situation and I'm hoping it turns out well.

    ReplyDelete