Sunday, March 21, 2010

ICLW Welcome

Hello to all those from ICLW. Sorry it's late in the afternoon and I'm just now writing this. I figured I should enjoy the sun because it's not that often that we get sun in Seattle! Anyway, just want to give a little background about myself. My name is Christa and I've been married to the hubs for 2 1/2 years now. I've had infertility problems for the past 8 years. My husband is in the Navy so we deal with Tricare issues when trying for a kid. We just completed our first IVF in January after traveling to North Carolina. We transferred 2 embryos and froze 2. Unfortunately after seeing a heartbeat at 6 weeks they couldn't find it at 7 weeks. I just had a D&C about 10 days ago. Our next step is waiting to hear from the pathology report and hopefully try a FET in July/August. We're waiting that long because the military is making us move in May. We're making the trip from WA to Groton, CT. Yipee. We're not really looking forward to it but such is life. But if anyone is from that area I'd love to hear from you! I won't know a soul and I'll be needing some new friends.

So if our FET fails we're not sure what we're going to do after that. We're considering another IVF, embryo adoption or domestic adoption but with the adoption credit expiring we might not try that route. So for now we're taking it one step at a time.

Let's see, what else....Oh yea, I'm doing a fundraiser for Parenthood for Me. They're giving out their first infertility/adoption grants in June so it's going to a good cause. I have a giveaway along with the fundraiser. For every $10 donated you will be entered to win a $50 gift of your choice: Kohl's, Lowe's, Sears, Wal-mart, Olive Garden, Chili's, Best Buy or Motherhood Maternity. AND I will be matching dollar for dollar any donations received. Drawing for the gift card is July 20th. So far only one person has donated so if no one else donates then she will be the automatic winner! If you'd like to make a donation you can visit the widget on my sidebar. Anyway, welcome to my blog and I look forward to seeing some new faces!

8 comments:

  1. Hi from ICLW. Your charity sounds awesome, and I will definitely check it out.

    I am so so so sorry about your recent miscarriage. I too have had a miscarriage (and an ectopic pregnancy), and they were both simply awful. I'm glad you have the support of this amazing community through it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy ICLW,

    Sorry about your recent lost. I just moved to Ohio from Seattle 6 months ago. Moving is rough and we haven't met any people in Ohio yet so it can feel pretty isolated. I hope your move goes smoothly.

    ICLW #89

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from ICLW! I'm sorry to hear about your loss. We also just did our first IVF in February but ours was an ectopic. I think we will be doing our FET in July. Good Luck with the move and I'll definitely be checking back.
    Beth #140

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your loss, miscarriages suck arse and I should (unfortunately) know.

    I hope the move goes smoothly, I love moving whereas Bikerman hates it. I'd move every 6 months if it was up to me, not him though, he's a stay put man which drives me insane, we've been in our current house for 4 years and it's doing my head in, I just want to move! LOL

    ICLW
    #101
    http://thegalwho.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. We, too, lost a baby in December and it was the hardest thing I've had to deal with, I think ever. Wishing you all the best that your next cycle sticks and good luck with the move, too!

    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just curious, what is ICLW?

    I'm wishing the best for you no matter which way you go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ICLW is International Comment Leaving Week. It's held once a month. You can click on the green box on my sidebar for more info

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for stopping by my blog! I'm three days in on the clomid and have only experienced a lingering headache so I'm not sure if it's even working. Thankfully my Dr has me coming in on Monday (cd12) for an ultrasound to see if I have any follies. We're wanting to go about this pretty aggressively so we'll see where we end up next.

    One of my best friends from high school is in the navy as is his pregnant fiance and she gripes about tricare all the time!

    I hope the best for you and hope this next cycle is the one for you!! I'll be following you from here on out (and catching up on your old posts)!

    ReplyDelete