Friday, March 19, 2010

A Heartbreaking Post

As a Navy wife I've been through my share of deployments. While thankfully none of them have involved a combat zone, I am reminded today that there are still soldiers and Marines who are fighting the good fight and sacrificing their lives for the sake of freedom. Please take the time to visit a fellow blogger as she mourns the loss of her beloved husband, a United States Marine who was killed in combat and will never get the chance to meet his 2-month old daughter.

After Googling his name I realized that this young man was stationed at Camp Lejeune, NC with 1st Battalion, 6th Marine Division, the same battalion that my ex-husband served in. It's a small world indeed.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that was rough. It sure puts everything into perspective though...There are problems and then there devastations like that. So unimaginably awful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that really does put some things in perspective. What a sacrafice you make Christa, and all families, as well as of course, the soldiers who are fighting for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my goodness... I was previously a military wife for 5 years (USAF), I totally understand the fear and pride you carry. My ex was in the middle east the majority of our marriage. I'm terribly sorry to hear about her loss. That's just awful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My best friend lost her husband in an Army helicopter accident when she was 6 weeks pregnant. My heart just aches for this woman. It is so hard.

    ICLW #29

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so sad. My heart goes out to his family.

    ReplyDelete