Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dr. Gloom and Doom was WRONG!!

Our baby is doing just fine. It's measuring at 6w1d (I'm 6w6d) with a heartbeat of 120 bpm. I got a different doctor today, Dr B, who I thought was deployed but apparently has been in a different part of the hospital for the past 6 months. He said that they're still cautiously optimistic but I'm not. I'm very happy with today's ultrasound, even if my baby is on its own time schedule. I don't think there's anything to worry about at this point.

The doc did find a second sac but couldn't find a heartbeat. We weren't expecting to see that. We don't know whether there's a baby in there but right now we're just assuming that we only have one little sprout. I go back again next Tuesday for another ultrasound. I suppose next week we will know for sure how many there are.

The only downside is that there was an Army student who was observing our ultrasound today. I didn't appreciate that because if the news had turned out bad then I would have preferred to grieve without some stranger in the room. Other than that today was a very good day!

16 comments:

  1. YAY! I am happy that your little one is doing well. And that you got the follow-up this week to help deal with your doubts thanks to Dr. Doom.

    And I am glad that the "good" Dr was there for your appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great news!! YAY! I'm so, so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww yay!! Congrats! I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very glad to hear he was wrong!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm so happy Christa, that at least this was a good news appointment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you got good results and I hope next Tuesday brings more of the same.

    LFCA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am so glad. I was bracing myself as I clicked on your blog. I love your fearlessly infertile lady by the way. congrats LFCA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!! So happy for you!!!! Glad all is looking like it should!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to see some good news! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew it!! Delighted for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woohoo for you!!!

    By the way, I have nominated you for the "You're Going Places, Baby" award! Please visit http://journeytowardmotherhood.blogspot.com/2010/03/award-for-moi.html for more info!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think I would be worried either. Remember, those embryos were a bit behind when you put them in, so...it (or they) are right on track!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay, yay, yay!! Take that Dr. Gloom & Doom!

    ReplyDelete