Friday, September 2, 2011

4dp3dt

I'm pretty laissez faire about this whole cycle. I'm not analyzing every tiny symptom I'm feeling and to be honest, I'm not really feeling a damn thing. But I couldn't resist talking about today's actions.

This is a very TMI post, by the way.

The past few days I've been really tired, but I attribute that to the fact that I haven't recovered from the trip to NC. I got a bit of an upset stomach over the weekend so I had taken an Immodium AD. Apparently that one little pill worked too well cause now I'm constipated. So I'm sitting at my desk at work, debating whether I should go to the bathroom to "try" and go, and I start feeling funny in my belly. I think it's gas. But it doesn't feel like gas pains and I don't feel the need to pass gas, it feels different than that. It feels....weird. I sit there for a while trying to figure out this bizarre feeling and suddenly I realize what it is: it's a freakin' muscle spasm in my belly. The only way I connected the two was because my eye had been twitching all day and that's exactly what it felt like, an eye twitch in my uterus. Truly bizarre. Of course I start Googling and read that some women feeling these spasms or "fluttering" during early pregnancy. Way to get my hopes up.

Then I finally go to the bathroom to poo. I'm there for a while, straining of course (I told you this would be TMI), and when I go to wipe, there's one spot of blood. Implantation spotting or the result of my pooping?? I only ever saw blood during my first IVF, at 5dp3dt, and I got a BFP that cycle. Dare I hope that this cycle worked too?? When I went back to the bathroom 15 minutes later to insert my Endometrin, there was no blood to be seen. Then again, that's how it was with IVF #1 too. Just one spot of blood and nothing more.

So I'm talking with my co-worker (a fellow infertile with RPL), and she said constipation is also an early sign of pregnancy. I didn't know that. I was always constipated during my cycles though, mostly because of the drugs they give you for retrieval, so it was never a symptom I could attribute to pregnancy.

So anyway, those are my current note-worthy symptoms. Could they mean something? Sure. Could they mean nothing? Sure. One thing's for certain, this 2WW is nothing like the last one.

10 comments:

  1. Sending many prayers for you that this cycle works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holding your hand during the 2ww!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just at the tail end of my 2ww. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As fellow IF'ers my husband and I are praying for you. All your symptoms sound very positive and I'm thinking you are going to see a BFP at the end of the 2ww. Sending you lots of sticky vibes and baby dust or is it sticky dust and baby vibes. Well either way, I'm sending them! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed the whole lead up to transfer! I am so hopeful for you but know all too well how your mind can play tricks on you. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eek!! Totally getting excited here.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhh! I will never forget the worst case of constipation i had after retrieval! I thought I was going to die! Who knew constipation and the 2ww could have brought me to an almost insane breakdown! i so hope you get your bfp!!! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FX, extra sticky baby dust and lots of prayers <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm just a couple of days behind you! I always thought constipation was something to do with prgesterone, so you get it with AF too?

    ReplyDelete