Sunday, September 11, 2011

Well...

Today's line was no darker than yesterday's, even though today I used my FMU. In fact, Brandon and I both thought it was negative, but after letting the peestick sit for a few more minutes a faint line slowly appeared. I just now compared the peesticks side by side and yesterday's line definitely looks darker.

Something tells me this pregnancy is not going to end well. I appreciate the kinds words of encouragement, I really do. But everyone's story that they've shared about a low beta or a very faint line in their cycle has never turned into a healthy pregnancy or baby. Nobody yet has come forward to share an initial beta of 3 at 14DPO (or something similar) and gave birth to a baby 9 months later, and I'm painfully aware of that. And part of me thinks that the only reason my beta is rising is because I'm still taking these medications which is preventing me from getting a period, even though I'm cramping as though my body is begging me to get one. I hate to sound harsh, but sometimes I feel like the rate of chemical and ectopic pregnancies would be lower if we didn't take progesterone for weeks after a transfer. It just draws out the inevitable.

6 comments:

  1. I know that is hard to not read into the darkness of lines, but PLEASE try not to... The good thing is that you have a line which should mean that the levels in FMU are high enough to detect... W
    *With my Chemical in April my first line was the same if not darker then all of my other tests and my Beta was increasing.
    Believe I know haw hard it is to have hope and faith after loss I have been there many times. Have faith good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're ok and it all must really suck :(

    If it's any help and, although it's not great, having a low hcg score doesn't mean an ectopic. I had quite a good score at beta for my last ectopic and I know I'm not the only one - I think it's something to do with an increased blood supply to around the entrance of the tubes. I stopped progesterone a few days before it was diagnosed because I thought I'd miscarried - although I'm pretty sure the progesterone didn't have an impact either way.

    I'm crossing my fingers that it's a late implanter but otherwise ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Heather.

    First of all, hcg levels for EVERYONE have to start SOMEWHERE, right? It just seems that most women don't have to go through this IF crap that involves beta testing so early on. Every pregnant woman, if tested at some point early on, would get a beta level of 3 (or somewhere right around there).

    That you see a line MEANS YOU ARE PREGNANT. Those tests trigger only at 25, which means your beta level has risen since the initial 3. There are no false positives, I've been told, but even if you got one by chance, you won't get TWO false positives.

    I know TWO people: my sister-in-law and a work colleague who tested negative for TWO weeks after their missed period. Not even one faint line on their home pregnancy test. And they both gave birth to beautiful, healthy baby girls (despite the work colleague getting drunk for those 2 weeks because she thought her period was just late).

    Stay positive. This is totally out of your control right now, and being negative won't help.

    My fingers and toes are crossed for you. I hope hope hope this is good news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be honest and say I'm not really familiar at all with the fertility treatment world or what means what, but I do know the frustration and pain that comes with getting your hopes up and then having them smashed...over and over and over.

    I'm not trying to read into anything and assume it'll be one way or the other for you, but I just wanted to say that even though I don't comment on every post, I'm keeping track of what you're going through and keeping your heart in my prayers. I don't know God's plan for your becoming a parent, but I pray for peace and patience for your heart as you wait to see the "whens" and "hows."

    ReplyDelete
  5. try stay positive. But I do realize you want to be realistic too. Hope the next few days aren't too stressful, do let us know the outcome when you are ready

    ReplyDelete
  6. Try not to read too much into those lines and how dark they are. Hang in there...I know how horrible waiting is.

    ReplyDelete