Monday, September 19, 2011

Is It Over or What?

***TMI Warning***

This has been a pretty strange week for me. After stopping the meds on Monday, I went back for my final beta on Wednesday. It was a 4. It appears my HCG level is dropping as slowly as it was rising (if you recall, it was a 5 two days before). I was a little concerned that I hadn't gotten my period yet, but it finally showed up Wednesday.

But it was a very light flow, not the kind of period you'd expect after a failed cycle (or was it a chemical pregnancy? who knows). Anyway, with all the menstrual cramps I had, I expected a very heavy period after this failed FET. But by Sunday morning, it was reduced to brown spotting. So it was only about 3 days of actual bleeding and even then it was pretty light with very few clots.

Now today I'm working from home as I have to sign for an important package. I went to the bathroom and now I'm back to red spotting. Am I getting another period? Wtf is this?? About an hour ago I had a serious bout of nausea. I literally had to will myself not to throw as I distracted myself from the nausea I was feeling. I didn't throw up (I rarely do) and it went away. I felt nauseous yesterday too but I chalked that up to bad fair food. I got one of those turkey legs at the state fair but instead of tasting like turkey it tasted like salty cured ham. I had to throw it away after just a few bites but even hours after eating it I felt sick to my stomach. Maybe I got food poisoning? I have no idea what's going on with my body but I have a feeling this isn't over yet. I'm debating about whether to call Nurse D.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, I agree. Get another beta and / or run to the store and pick up a HPT and pee on a stick. Who the heck knows what's going on, but you just never know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the other ladies- call and get another beta. Sounds like something is definitely going on in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my friend, you know the way I'm always obsessed with ectopic pregnancies...so I'm just saying, do call the nurse and trust your feelings. Love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christa -
    This is my first post on your blog - I found yours because I realized that it was a source of traffic to my blog (Infertile in the City) because you were kind enough to put link to it on yours! I am so sorry that this is getting dragged out - it must be stressful and frustrating. But I am so happy to hear that you are pursuing adoption. Some lucky baby is going to have a wonderful home through you and your husband. Best of luck with this situation, I hope whatever it is it gets resolved quickly!

    ReplyDelete