Saturday, September 10, 2011

12dp3dt

I must admit, I think the reason that I was getting the menstrual cramps is because I backed off the progesterone and Estrace. I was still taking them, just not as much, and I didn't reduce the meds until after I had gotten my first beta results. So yesterday when I found out we had a 3 I decided to go back up to the prescribed amount of meds. Since then the cramping has subsided but I can't notice any other symptoms. If anything was unusual, it was the fact I was thirsty last night (I drank two glasses of white grape juice, a glass of milk and a glass of water in about 4 hours) and I slept alot last night. Like 13 hours. Then again, so did Brandon and I'm pretty sure he's not pregnant.

So I caved in and bought another 3-pack of pregnancy tests. I'll be damned if I go through the weekend without knowing anything. Brandon and I decided last night that we need a good solid number on Monday or I'm stopping the meds, doctor's advice be damned! I'm not looking for "doubling" which would be a 6, or even a 15. I want something good, like a 50. My reason is that I don't want to continue taking meds to fuel a non-viable pregnancy, especially if that pregnancy is ectopic.

So as I said earlier, I went and got another box of pregnancy tests. I couldn't go last night because Oso had a tooth extracted and he was very groggy, and Brandon was working late. So this morning I went to Target, which still has the Target coupons for First Response tests which I coupled with the manufacturer coupon for a total of $4 off. Yay! Then I went home to pee on them cause I had been holding it for about 4 hours. Still, it wasn't my FMU (first morning urine) and since yesterday's beta was 3, I didn't expect to see a damn thing.

But I did see a damn thing.

The line is dismally faint but I'm posting a picture anyway for the curious people out there. I don't expect anyone to be able to see the line though, the picture is really grainy. Click to see a larger view.
According to Peeonastick, the minimum HCG levels detected by First Response are 25. I thought they were 12.5 but apparently that's for the older versions, which I don't get. Wouldn't the newer ones be more sensitive?? I really don't think I have that much HCG in my system right now, but maybe that's why it's so faint. Or maybe 25 is the point at which First Response guarantees you'll see a second line. But this article from CBS News said that FRER detected levels as low as 6.5, which sounds more believable.

Whatever. It's there, and tomorrow hopefully it will be darker.

***PLEASE READ*** If you know me in real life, please do not mention this publicly, especially on Facebook. I'm still not going to mention any pregnancy announcement for a very long time and we're still moving forward with adoption until we see a healthy heartbeat.

11 comments:

  1. There is definitely a line there... :O....hope to God it gets darker for you!!! My cycle started this morning. :( Stupid body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely see a line...
    I'm sorry you are in beta hell right now. I'm hoping you get some REAL answers on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee is my thought (for what it is orth): 12dp3dt puts you 15dpO, which means still early and therefore just a day past a "normal" missed period. Meaning, a positive is totally feasible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh exciting!!!! Follow doc orders though. Beta doesn't always tell ectopic or not. My betas were PERFECT. Doubling every 2 days. And mine was ectopic. Stay on those meds. The docs can order an ultrasound to look for ectopic. Good luck!!!!! Soooooo excited for you. You are the 2nd woman whose infertility blog I follow who got a positive today!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see it... exciting and terrifying!

    I agree with Kakunaa... you are only at day 15! Stay on those meds until the doctor says otherwise just in case!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see it!!! I hope you get good news on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see it too - sending many prayers your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see it and I go with FRER picking up 6.5 because I tested with only 9 and had been getting line for a few days before!! Exciting times ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely see it,and didn't even squint. Can't wait for Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's defo a line there. I have everything crossed for you!

    BTW I had a bad week but your package is en-route now.

    D xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how lovely it is! I had a beta of 23, and FRER showed up faintly like this. It's not 50, but it's WAY more than double.

    ReplyDelete