Friday, June 4, 2010

Weight Loss Update Week One: Results

After starting over on my weight loss quest, I am finally starting to see the scale move down! This morning I weighed in at 199.3 lbs. It's only a loss of .4 lbs but it's a loss nonetheless! Earlier this week Brandon and I stopped by the base gym to check it out and I was NOT impressed. It was about 1/3 of the size of the gym back in Washington, not air conditioned and a good 25-minute drive from home. So I went back home and started googling gyms near our home. The first one I found was called WorkOut World (WoW). Brandon and I printed a coupon for a 7-day pass and we're trying it out this week. I've only been twice so far but I like it. The only thing that sucks is that the machines are different than what I'm used to so I don't feel as comfortable using them and my endurance isn't as great. But I think I'll have that problem anywhere I go and eventually I'll get used to using their machines. But WoW offers a military discount and for only $30 a month I can have access to the whole gym AND all the classes they offer (Zumba, here I come!). Heck, the air conditioning alone is worth that price! So I'm pretty confident that after our 7-day pass is up then we'll sign up for a gym membership. I'm still debating about whether to sign up for a year though. Going through IVF limits your ability to work out and lift weights so I might just do the month-to-month deal for an extra $7 per month. I still have a few more days to decide. Until then I'm going to take total advantage of my free pass!

I've got a few other random thoughts that I thought I would throw into this post

Funny story....I take a plethora of vitamins every day which I split into two doses, day and night. Last night I took my pills (wheatgrass, metformin, b6 and cinnamon) with my dinner. About half an hour later I burped and a PUFF OF WHITE SMOKE came out of my mouth!! It was the weirdest thing ever. Tasted like cinnamon too!

Remember during my last IVF when I said I would go to Ireland if it didn't work out? Well, Ireland will have to be delayed due to the tentative IVF #2 but we're still hoping to take a vacation soon. I'm not talking about New York City next week with my BFF, that's just a day trip. I'm talking a real vacation, but we've only got 5/6 days to do it. You see, Brandon is in school right now. At the end of July he will graduate from his school and then he has 6 days before he checks into his real command and starts his instructor duty. So I think that would be the perfect time to take a vacation. We try to take two trips a year and we haven't done one yet this year (the Trip Across America does NOT count as a vacation, I'd rather have spent those two weeks doing something else. We just made the most of the situation). Anyway, I thought about taking another trip to Alaska and going inland, maybe to Denali, but Brandon said we would need more time for that. Then I thought about going back to the Grand Canyon since we only spent a couple hours there last time but I think the Grand Canyon in July wouldn't be a wise choice, especially for a fat chick. Brandon suggested running around New England but I figured we would be here for 3 years so I'm sure we'll do stuff in the area. I want to take a longer trip, something we can't see on a three-day weekend. So I *think* we're going to Maine and Nova Scotia. Maine is about 5 1/2 hours away while Nova Scotia is about 15....one-way! That's alot of driving. I'll have to do some more research to see if it's worth the long drive. But if it's not, does anyone have any suggestions for a 5/6 day trip? We could drive or fly, doesn't matter to us and we have current passports so an international trip isn't completely out of the question, though 6 days might be a little short to see everything. We still have time to research and decide. At least it gives me something to look forward to!

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the weight loss! You've got to start somewhere right?

    My recommendation for a trip is Charleston, SC. If you haven't been, that is. I know your husband is Navy, but is he a nuke? If so, then you probably lived there! LOL We loved it there!

    Other than that, I've got nothing. But once you start venturing around New England-ish, if you make it to upstate New York, I would love to meet up for coffee or lunch! Just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete