Sunday, June 20, 2010

ICLW Welcome

Well, it's been a few months since I've participated in International Comment Leaving Week so I hope I'm not too rusty with my introductions! Welcome everybody to my little corner of the blogging world. I'm Christa and my husband's name is Brandon. We're a Navy family, currently living in CT. I'm afraid you'll find my blogging to be a little boring at the moment since I'm in limbo with my fertility treatments. But here's a little background about me and what's going on in my current life.

Brandon and I have been married for almost three years. I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2002. After our marriage we immediately began fertility treatments, first with Clomid and timed intercourse, then moving on to IUI's. Throw in a couple deployments and it wasn't a pleasant experience. After a few cycles of failed IUI's we decided to pull out all the stops and go to IVF. We traveled all the way across the country, from Washington to North Carolina, for our IVF treatment in January. We were successful but unfortunately miscarried in March at 7 weeks.

Since then I've been tested for clotting disorders (currently waiting to get tested for MTHFR) and moved cross-country where I'm looking for a new job and battling with the unemployment agency who denied my claims. I'm also trying to lose weight, most unsuccessfully. We're gearing up for a second IVF cycle in September, which will also be our last fresh cycle. After that it's FET's and then possibly domestic infant adoption.

So that's me in a nutshell, feel free to stop by every now and then or even become a follower! I love seeing new faces!

3 comments:

  1. Hi sweetie, delighted to you see you back on the ICLW list! Wishing you all the best for the job hunting and getting all your tests sorted before the big event in September. Love, Fran

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, stopping by for ICLW. I've been reading and hoping for good things for you. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got big plans in September too!

    Best of luck to you!

    Ashlee
    ICLW #180

    ReplyDelete