Monday, January 31, 2011

Transfer Day

Today was transfer day. A bit nerve wracking but I honestly went into the clinic with no expectations, mostly because there could be so many different outcomes for this FET. So I was very pleased to find that the clinic only had to thaw one vial (my oldest embryos) and both embryos made the thaw. They were a 4-cell and 6-cell, grade II. When the embryos were thawed yesterday each embryo lost two cells (apparently this is common). Fortunately they each regrew those two cells so at transfer this afternoon I still had a 4-cell and 6-cell. I still have 5 remaining embryos, all 4-cells and 5-cells.

So now I'm just laying on the couch at my friend Susanne's house. Tomorrow I leave to fly back home and I pray to God that the blizzard that's headed Northeast won't leave me stranded at the airport. I also hope to post my giveaway tomorrow so stay tuned!!!!

Oh, and beta day is February 9th. Only 9dp3dt so I might not get a positive pee stick till the day before or the day of beta. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

21 comments:

  1. wow, you find out really soon. that's great. and you still have embryos left over so good news all round. best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't believe your beta is so soon!! i think it may be a good thing.... not as many days to go crazy waiting!! good luck in you 1.5 WW :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully that time will pass quickly... wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wishing you snugglie embies! I am right behind you, transfer on Thursday, beta on 02/12.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the waiting. And here's hoping that at least one sticks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are doing great!!! You are such an inspiration for me. I fingers are crossed and thinking happy positive thoughts for you and your hubby:) What do you have planned to keep you busy??

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are doing great!!! You are such an inspiration for me. I fingers are crossed and thinking happy positive thoughts for you and your hubby:) What do you have planned to keep you busy??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for good embies! Snuggle in tight, little ones! Safe travels to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome! wish you the best for this cycle and the flight home!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like everything went well! We are PUPO together this time! My beta is 2/7! Praying it is our time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on things going well so far! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. glad taht it went so well... hope you make it home safely! We're in the middle of it now in Missouri!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's the wonderful thing about FETs -- you get a BETA much faster. Oh and you don't have to take all those stupid meds or have an egg retrieval. Come to think of it, there are many wonderful things about FETs -- particularly when they result in real life babies! Keep thinking positive! Don't fret too much over those pee sticks. I took one 5 days after transfer of two blasts and another one at six days. They were both negative. At 8 days, I got a very faint positive and got my positive beta the next day. My little Andrew is napping as I type this. Hope you make it home safe and that those little embies have nestled in for a long, pleasant and uneventful pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! Take care of yourself and those little embryos! My fingers are crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fingers crossed!! Remember that FET can work!! i would advise not to pee on a stick before beta day this time around, try to enjoy the "not-knowing" bit, who knows, you may be surprised!! Love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! Glad it went well :) Sticky dust headed your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm thinking positive sticky thoughts <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. praying, crossing things, and sending good vibes. good luck! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good luck! My transfer day will be Friday or Saturday - so I'll be waiting with you.

    ReplyDelete