Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Progress! and POM Juice

I know I'm a few days late with my WW Update but this week I weighed back in at 201.2. Yay! I'm sure it was all bloating from the birth control pills because last Monday I stopped the pills and magically lost .6 pounds even though I didn't exercise and my dieting was inconsistent. But this week I'm doing very well with both so I'm expecting a 1+ pound loss on Sunday.

Yesterday I had my first "real" scan for my FET. The last two were meaningless because I hadn't been stimming on the Estrace. Last Thursday (the day I started the little blue pill) my lining was 2.5mm. Yesterday my lining was already up to 8mm! And that was only taking the Estrace once a day. So maybe the vaginal application is the way to go. I asked Dori what was the minimum lining I needed and she said I'm already there so everything else is just icing on the cake. However, during my first IVF I triggered with a 13mm lining so I'm hoping to get up to that by next Wednesday (my scheduled trigger date). Yes, I still have to take the trigger shot to simulate a regular cycle. That blows but oh well. Tonight I start my Pom Juice and Sprite spritzer to beef up the lining a bit. Now that I'm up to Estrace twice a day I've been having some, um, runoff so now it's starting to get a bit gross. But it's not nearly as bad as Endometrin so I'm dealing with it.

On a different note, I've been waiting with baited breath for the HP Gryffindor scarf to get back in stock. I wanted it for Christmas but they ran out before I could order one. Well they finally stocked them again and mine just arrived today!! It's a beautiful maroon and gold color, made of chenille and is quite long for a scarf (88 inches!). I.absolutely.love.it. The picture on the website makes it look horrendous so I've attached one of my own (like my banister model?). The WB Shop has the other Hogwarts house scarves but they're a bit shorter and made of itchy wool. Not nearly as nice as this one. Even Brandon likes my scarf. And I bet anyone who hasn't seen Harry Potter wouldn't even know it was from the movie. Oh, and I bought another mug. You know, just in case my first one breaks. Or wears out. Or in case I want two mugs of hot chocolate at the same time. You can never be too prepared.


***UPDATE*** So a few of you ladies have been asking about the POM Juice thing. My old cycle buddy Susanne told me it helps improve the lining but you can't take it after embryo transfer (because it can stimulate uterine contractions, like red raspberry tea). I think the reason it helps with the lining is because it helps increase the blood flow. Its also rumored to help with male infertility. However some sites like this one state that pomegranate juice actually decreases infertility. I'm not recommending it or saying that everyone should jump out there and try it. Everyone has their own thing they do to help increase their fertility, whether its acupuncture, yoga, teas, vitamins, or whatever. I'm taking the pomegranate juice. I took it last cycle after my lining only went from 8mm to 8.5mm in two days. After drinking the POM juice it finally jumped up to 12mm two days later. Was it the meds or the juice? Who knows. Susanne took it too and now she's pregnant so maybe there's something in it after all. Right now there's no study to prove or disprove it's effect. Oh, and I take about 8 oz of POM Juice with about 2 oz of Sprite, just to relieve the bitter taste. It's not too bad.

6 comments:

  1. Yay weight, lining, and scarf!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is this Pom Juice and Sprite spritzer you speak of??!! Do tell!! And "run off" I'm stealing that line for sure!!! LoLs.

    great blog!
    ~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the weight thing. I'm on WW too and lost 5 lbs my first week (last week) although not really sure how. I like this new program better than the old one. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, like Elaine said, what's up with that stuff? Yahoo for the lining and scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WooHoo!!! so happy it's working well :) I am with Elaine, Pom juice?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of POM juice and Sprite - that's aweosme! I'll have to pass on that news to anyone who might need it. I'll be thinking of you and I hope all goes smoothly for your FET!

    ReplyDelete