Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Secret to Weight Loss

My dear readers, I have finally found the secret to losing weight. It's not diet or exercise. In fact, anyone can participate in this secret and still lose weight. I should be calling up a lawyer to patent this new weight loss secret but I'm feeling quite generous today. So instead of making a million bucks I have decided to share my secret with my readers....for free!

Are you ready?

Here it is...

Turn off the air conditioning.

It's gettin' hot in here, so take off all your....on second thought, nevermind. Suffice it to say that it's like an oven in my house. Haven't the residents of Connecticut learned that it gets HOT in the summer, therefore air conditioning should be mandatory in all homes? Thank God Brandon and I bought a $600 portable A/C unit (which also heats in the winter) but that's not enough to even cool off the living room. Not to mention that I've made Brandon lug the 90-pound beast upstairs for the past two nights so I can get up to 6 hours of sleep. Today is supposed to be the worst, with temperatures reaching the mid to upper 90's. The next 10 days will stay in the mid 80's. I dread to think what August will be like.

Needless to say, for the past week I haven't visited the gym once. And for the past four days I've been eating ice cream to stay cool. I chug water like a camel and steer clear of any cooked foods. So when I looked at the scale today and saw that I weighed 195.9 pounds I was ecstatic. Maybe hot weather isn't so bad after all.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, nice! It's true -- if I'm hot, the last thing I want to do is eat. Maybe I should give that a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my,praying for you to stay cool in that heat! I am also on a weight loss journey and we weigh about the same thing. So,we can encourage each other!

    ReplyDelete