Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Blogger Award!

Tiffany over at All Aboard the IF Train! has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you Tiffany! I love getting awards, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. And loved. So here's how the award works:1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.

Check

2. Share seven things about yourself.

Here goes:
1. I love putting together jigsaw puzzles. Nerdy, I know, but its nice to put together a puzzle and frame it for your wall. That's why I only choose puzzles that look artistic, like Thomas Kinkade or Van Gogh. I've done over 10 puzzles but only have 3 in my house. The largest one I've done was 2,000 pieces but one of my bucket list items is to complete the world's largest jigsaw puzzle, 24,000 pieces. It's too ugly for framing but boy would it be fun to put together.
2. I was born in Latrobe, PA. It was the same hospital that my mother, two uncles and grandfather were born at. Though I only lived in PA for six months of my life.
3. I never played sports in high school, instead I was in the colorguard. We also had winterguard as well which is like colorguard only without the marching band and we perform to regular music inside a gymnasium. I was the captain my senior year in high school and went on to perform in college as well. They were my best memories from high school.
4. I'm practically blind. My vision is 600/20, meaning what you can see at 600 ft I can only see at 20 feet. I've never wanted to do the laser eye surgery because my vision is still getting worse every few years. If it ever stays the same for more than three years I would consider doing the surgery. For now I just wear contacts.
5. I can't stand to let my food touch. It's something that got bad as an adult, I don't think it ever bothered me as a child. It's mostly because I don't like to taste different things at the same time. Corn and mashed potatoes? Disgusting. Whoever thought of the KFC bowls or the bag of Doritos with two flavors in them must have been trying to get under my skin. I have a system for my food touching too. For example, if you cook a pot of mixed vegetables it's okay to eat them all together because that's how they came. But if you cook peas in one pot and corn in another they can't touch on my plate. The one exception was our trip to Peru because I was eating those foods for the first time and didn't have expectations for how they would taste. I'm weird, I know.
6. I'm left-handed and most of my mom's side of the family is too. My grandfather would have been left-handed but back then they made you write right-handed unless you wanted your hand slapped with a ruler.
7. I had never ridden in a cab until I was about 25 years old. I had flown from NC to CT to see Brandon and his friend's car broke down so we had to call a cab to take us to the rental car agency.

3. Pass this award along to seven bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason!

Kate from Busted Plumbing whose blog posts are always amusing

Lisa from Waiting Lisa who has more patience in her journey to motherhood than I can ever hope to have

Going for It who recently had a BFN from her IVF and deserves a pick-me-up

Alison from The Privileged Infertile whose awesome talents created my blog layout

H.C. from Life as a Navy Wife and Everything Else who I recently started following and love her blog (I'm also jealous she got Hawaii as their duty station and I got crappy Conneticut)

Susanne from Steady as We Go, a fellow military wife who is getting treatment at the same place I am (Womack Army Medical Center). Good luck Susanne!

Jessica from Journey to the Center of the Uterus whose blog I recently started following and I love reading her hilarious posts!

8 comments:

  1. Fricking SWEET!!!!!

    Thank you so much for passing it along to me, I'm honored! And congrats to you my dear, you truly rock the free world :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thank you so much!!! Congrats to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on your award! It is nice learning more about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby is the same way with his food. I invested in little bowls for his veggies! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your award and thank you so much for passing it along to me.

    I can't thank you enough for your kind words on here and my blog. Thank you for the support. And thank you so much for joining our adoption fundraiser facebook page. That was so nice of you. This whole fundraiser is a lot of work and has kept me very busy, but I think it will be worth it in the end. I am in "do whatever you need to do" mode.

    Thank you for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very strange about the food touching thing BUT hey that's what makes us so wonderfully unique, the fact that we are all different in a million different ways which makes for a very interesting world!

    Good luck with the fostering/adoption decision, just follow your heart, it's never wrong.

    ICLW
    #41 http://themissruby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a friend who is the same way about her food,

    Good luck with your IVF and Fostering/Adopting!!!

    Happy ICLW
    #97

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so welcome my dear! Well deserved! :D

    ReplyDelete