Friday, July 30, 2010

I'm Back

Hello residents of BlogLand, I'm back from our trip to Maine. We had an AWESOME time, I'll probably write a review of my trip and publish it on AC. We went moose watching, hiking, bass fishing and whitewater rafting. It was an incredible trip that left us very tired at the end of each day. We saw moose on three different days of our trip (a cow, a bull, and then a cow with her BABY!). We also saw coyotes, foxes, bald eagles and a crapload of chipmunks.

We got a few calls on our trip too. The first was from G at the foster care agency. She was calling to let us know that they want to put us on a 6-month hold pending the outcome of our IVF. Thanks but no thanks. We've decided not to pursue foster care at this time. One reason is because by the time we get licensed due to the 6-month wait we'll only be here another two years. The other reason is because we're not too comfortable with the fact that CT doesn't do foster-to-adopt. I mean, what if we choose foster care and the child that's living with us can't be reunified with its parents? Do we not have the option to adopt that child? Would we have to get licensed to adopt at that point? Wouldn't we get de-licensed to foster during that time and what would happen to the child? It just doesn't sound right to me. When I fostered in NC they didn't do things like that.

The second call was from Nurse D at Womack. I'm waiting on some paperwork for her to email me but she said that my chromosome analysis and MTHFR tests both came out normal. So that's that. Now I'm waiting to get my period so I can start birth control and we're on our way to starting IVF #2. During our trip Brandon and I had some discussions about how far we're willing to go to have kids. We keep changing our minds but one thing is for sure: If we have frozen embryos we will transfer them all until we run out or achieve pregnancy. After that we're not sure if we're willing to adopt or just live childless. Adoption is no joke. Even though you get alot of the money back from tax credits and military reimbursement its still very expensive initially. We simply don't have the money to do this upcoming IVF and still pursue adoption afterward. That would mean taking out a loan for adoption or waiting a few years until we save up the money. But that's something we'll think about after this IVF. For now, enjoy some pictures and video I took on our trip.

We hiked to the top of this mountain (Mt Kineo)


The view from the top of Mt Kineo


Bull Moose


Smallmouth bass


Mama and her baby




3 comments:

  1. Your puppy is so cute in the video! Made me laugh out load so thanks for sharing!

    The foster system seems screwed up to me. I don't know much about it but sounds like they are not looking out for the best interested of the children.

    How exciting to start #2! You guys will be in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geat picks! The foster care system does sound messed up. it's a shame for all.
    Best wishes on IVF #.
    xoxo

    Krista S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great pictures!

    ReplyDelete