Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ultrasound #3

Today I had my third ultrasound for this cycle. After getting the new injectible medication I became a little too optimistic. I knew I was setting myself up for disappointment but I didn't care. I became convinced that this medication would be the thing I needed to get some good follicles. Well the ultrasound showed differently. My uterine lining is still growing and the doctor thinks it looks great but the follicles still aren't growing much. The one on my right is staying at 10mm and probably will not grow at all. The one on the left grew from 10.5mm to 12mm and I think the doctor found a second follie on the left at 10mm. So today I had to inject myself with Follistim again and I will use the last of the medication tomorrow morning. Then I go in for a fourth ultrasound tomorrow afternoon. I'm hoping that the doctor will finally make a decision about whether to proceed with this cycle or not. My follicles don't seem too committed to growing. Come on now, SHIT OR GET OFF THE POT!! I feel like I'm dealing with a boyfriend who has commitment issues. I have no patience for this. I would rather just give up this cycle and start fresh than aggravate myself all month only to be disappointed again.

On a much happier note Brandon got a Navy Achievement Medal (NAM) today! He also finished his first two online courses at NC State. He got B's in both classes. I'm so proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment