Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My second ultrasound for June

I had my second ultrasound appointment this morning to see how my follicles were doing. They barely grew! The 10mm follie on my right didn't grow and the 9mm follie on my left grew to 10.5mm. I was disappointed but hardly surprised at the results. Still, the doctor seemed very pleased with the lining of my uterus which grew from 5mm to 7mm. He decided that we would use some injectible medication to try and salvage this cycle. So I received 75IU of Follistim this morning and the doctor gave me my own Follistim pen to use. I have to give myself another 75IU tomorrow morning. The needle is quite small and I barely felt it. The nurse injected the medication into my stomach but you can also inject it in the upper thigh. I prefer the stomach. So we are still playing the waiting game for now. I go in for another ultrasound on Thursday to see if anything has changed. I have a little more hope with the injectible medication but part of me feels like this is just a lost cause right now. I'm not putting too much faith into this cycle and instead I'm just preparing myself to get ready for another one. I hope that Thursday will prove me wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment