Friday, June 19, 2009

Today's ultrasound appointment

Today I had my cd11 follicle scan. I wasn't feeling too optimistic about this cycle to begin with and it turns out I was right. The doc found two follicles, one at 10mm on my right and one at 9mm on my left. They are smaller than last month's follies which were 12mm and 10mm on cd10. The doc said they are still potential candidates and I have to go back on Tuesday for another ultrasound. That would put me at cd15. Last month I had a scan on cd15 and it showed a big follicle at 21mm. So we will see how this scan compares to last month's scan.

This afternoon I lamented to my acupuncturist about the size of my follicles and their lack of growth. He took his acupuncture book and looked to see if there were any points that stimulate FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone). He found one in the ear and needled that point for me. So I feel a little better now that we might be able to get my follies to grow naturally. We'll see if it works when I go to my next ultrasound.

On another note I found out that Madigan's IVF program is full until March 2011. I'm pretty sure that if I don't get pregnant by Christmas then we will attempt IVF but we will go to Womack at Fort Bragg, NC instead. They currently have no waiting period and are cheaper than Madigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment