Monday, June 8, 2009

Losing Hope

Over the weekend I had a bit of cramping and I began to get the feeling that this month was not a success. I woke up this morning and took my basal body temperature (BBT) as usual. My temp plummeted to 96.9 which is apparently an indicator that a period is near. I decided to take a pregnancy test anyway. I got a Big Fat Negative (BFN). So all the signs are consistent with a failed IUI. Now I'll just wait for Aunt Flow to show up and call the doctor for his advice. I'll probably take another pregnancy test this week just to be sure. I hope we can squeeze in one more IUI before Brandon leaves on his deployment in July. The rest will have to be done with frozen sperm until he gets back. It hasn't been a great day so far, but I just keep reminding myself that we're at least safe from having to do IVF right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment