Sunday, February 20, 2011

WW Weigh In and Sweeping

I planned on writing a post about sweeping last night but didn't so let's just mash the two subjects together, shall we?

First is my Weight Watchers Weigh In update. I know it's been forever since I've weighed in and I'm sure you can all understand my need to indulge myself in comfort food for the past few weeks but last Sunday I decided that it was time to start the diet/exercise plan again. Well, at least that was my intention. If you remember, the week before Transfer Day I weighed in at 200.2 lbs. So when I got on the scale last Sunday I wasn't suprised to see the scaled tipped back to 202.2 lbs. But that was also the day that AF showed and everybody knows that the only good thing that comes from seeing The Crimson Tide is that you're guaranteed to lose a little weight that week without having to lift a finger. Still, I tried to do my part by dieting (I don't exercise when I'm on my period).

Monday went well in regards to my diet but Tuesday and Wednesday I got depressed again and reverted back to the comfort food. Wednesday night we went shopping for some good healthy food and for the rest of the week I did fairly well. This morning I weighed in at 198.2 lbs. Hellz yea. I actually wanted to get down to 197 lbs and I probably would have done it except for the fact that I got extremely intoxicated from mudslides last night. I think it's safe to say I'll be avoiding milk for the rest of the week. My goal is to stick with the diet all week this time, get back into a regular routine at the gym, and get down to 195 lbs next week.

So now let's switch our minds over to a little something I like to call sweeping. No, I'm not talking about chores, I'm talking about sweepstakes. Back when I was unemployed, I kinda got hooked on entering sweepstakes. I think I started sweeping regularly back in August. I talked about it briefly here when I won a trip I couldn't take because of IVF #2. I found this cool website that made it easy to enter lots of contests every day. Brandon thought I was crazy trying to win something, saying it was equivalent to the lottery. And in some ways he was right. Except for the fact that I did win something. I won lots of things! And I love winning free stuff. Here's my list of winnings to date:
-A Scare-Me-Not doll
-Eat, Pray, Love t-shirt and bracelet
-Box of Barilla pasta and can of Barilla sauce
-My Little Pony doll
-$50 gift certificate to Fantastic Sam's
-Bag of Halls Cough Drops
-"Hallowed Bones" novel by Carolyn Hanes
-Physician's Formula Powder Palette makeup
-Samsung portable Blu-Ray DVD player (Brandon's personal favorite)
-Box of Cheerios

All the food items came as free coupons, and lots of my winnings were pretty small but it's still fun nonetheless. And the stuff I didn't use I donated or gave away to friends and family. The great thing about sweeping is that you can just enter and forget about it. For some sweepstakes winnings you'll get an email or phone call but most of the time they just mail you the prize so it's awesome to check the mail and find a prize waiting for you. And you only have to claim the big prizes on your taxes (I think it's anything over $500 or $600). I don't sweep as regularly as I used to but I'm still getting prizes on a regular basis, mostly because it takes a LONG time for some companies to select winners and mail out prizes. I think the contest for the DVD player was back in September and we just got the prize last week. So if you find yourself with some extra time on your hands you should really give sweeping a try. After all, you can't win if you don't enter!

5 comments:

  1. good luck with the weight loss!! you can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that does sound like fun!! Sweeping! I tried it a couple of times and I got scammed though:(
    Good luck with the diet. I am trying so hard to get motivated. But I just feel so exhausted all the time since the rain and stress. I know how hard it is. Monday...I am going to start excercising!! Small steps..maybe just 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping to get back on the diet and exercise train again here soon too... as soon as I get cleared from the doctor, it's on! I could definitely afford to drop a few pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job with the weight loss.
    I started getting into "sweeping" a few months back. It was so much fun!! I love this website you linked..does make it nice and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I stumbled onto your blog, and I wanted to take a second and tell you I'm really enjoying your blog. I'll be praying for you and yours. Keep hanging in there. I went ahead and became a follower, and grabbed your button. I hope you'll stop by my blog, become a follower and grab my button and slap it on your page. You take care & God Bless.

    http://ourjourneythrufaith.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete