Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Rough Week

And it's only Tuesday. This has got to be one of the shittiest BFN's I've ever had to deal with. AF showed up in full force. I've always had very light periods so I expected to get a more "normal" period this time around, considering I've been having horrible menstrual cramps for the past week. It was like my body wanted AF to show up but the Endometrin was preventing that. Now that I stopped taking the meds it has been hell. I never thought I'd have to calculate how many tampons I'll need for an 8-hour workday but I find myself doing that very thing. Let's bring 4, just to be on the safe side. Yes, it's that bad. Am I thinking in the back of my mind that it could be an early miscarriage? Let's not go there.

On a different note I emailed Nurse D yesterday about.....anti depressents. Yes, I think it's time I took something. These BFN's are getting harder and harder to deal with. I find myself losing all sense of motivation. It's hard to pull my ass out of bed and go to work every day. I find myself sitting in bed each morning trying to think of an excuse to call in, staying in bed later and later until I have just a few minutes to get ready and get out the door. The fact that I absolutely hate my job doesn't help but now it's much worse. I have no motivation to go out, go to the gym, watch tv, or do anything that used to bring me any kind of joy. Not even the thought of going to Ireland makes me excited anymore. Instead I come home, read for a bit, get on the computer for a bit, taking a steaming hot bath, and I'm in bed by 7:00. I don't really want to do that anymore. Brandon was shocked that I suggested medication (apparently he forgot I took Lexa.pro for six months while I was going through my divorce) and instead suggested something else like acupuncture. That sounds reasonable and I had planned on doing acupuncture for this upcoming FET but not till April/May. At $60 a visit if I were to start now that would be an extra $600 expense. Not exactly the affordable alternative, especially since I'm not even sure it will work for depression. I haven't heard back from Nurse D so we'll see what she suggests. I don't want to take anything habit-forming and I don't want to take it while I'm doing the FET. I just want to get out of this funk....sooner rather than later.

8 comments:

  1. Ugh. I'm sorry this is hard to deal with. BFNs are never easy. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry! No matter what, YOUR health and mind come first! I've heard a lot of good things about acupuncture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Christa....I sooooooo get that funk. I'm totally into alternative/complementary medicine, too, but I have to admit that my hubby taking a little Lexapro has made a world of difference. If it's only temporary, right? Especially if it was effective for you before. Wishing the funk lifts soon with whatever means you take.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh dear, im so sorry your feeling so low. after so many dissapointments it does get so hard. After all my BFN's I find it hard to do anything. You often wonder how you will ever get through it. but you will. im sure. hope you feel a bit brighter soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christa, I am so sorry that you have to deal with all this! But, please give yourself a big hug for being such a strong woman!! It takes sooo much strength to ask for help, and I commend your ability to do so. As for the method you take to find health, do whatever fits with YOU, and thank others for their suggestions, but take care of yourself and follow your instincts. I am thinking about you and sending all the positive energy I can to you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for a horrible AF. It just makes everything worse.
    Emailing you about the Endo.
    I was on Lex.apro for quite some time and it helped so much! everyone needs help sometimes. I hope it helps you as much as it helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry you are having a hard time. Whatever you need to help you get through, do it. Hopefully you will be able to start to move forward. In the mean time, (((hugs)))!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry this is happening :( Those BFN are terrible and even worse when you are (paying) doing big procedures to help make them BFP. You will get through this and acupuncture is a wonderful tool. It has helped me a great deal in many ways.

    ReplyDelete