Sunday, May 2, 2010

Blood Tests and Fundraiser Update

Well I finally got some action on the fertility front and I actually have something interesting to talk about! I went in Wednesday for my blood tests to see what else could be wrong with me. I asked for a print out, which they provided, and I had to go home and do some research about the tests because I had no clue what their abbreviations meant. I'll list the print-out abbreviations as well as the Google name I found. Here they are:
Protime- Prothrombin Time
Cardiolipin ABS- Cardiolipin Antibodies
APC-R(V)- Factor V Leiden Mutation
Lupus Anticoagulant
G20210A Prothrobim- Factor II (Prothrombin) G20210A Mutation
Prot C+S- Protein C and S deficiencies

While I only did minimal research on each test, I think they are all for clotting disorders. I had a hard time figuring out what immune disorders are and what tests are for immune disorders. Perhaps they're all the same. Who knows. If anyone has any information about the tests I just took let me know. I had hope to get more tests done but this is a start. I should get the results in a couple weeks.

For those that are new to my blog, I have been fundraising for Parenthood for Me for a couple months now. I have decided to make a few changes to hopefully get more donations. I am upping the ante on my giveaway so for every $10 donated you will be entered to win a $100 gift card. The gift card can also be split into two $50 gift cards if you choose. The drawing was to be held July 20th but I have decided to change it to May 30th. So there's only one month left to enter. Please take the time to make a donation. I will also be matching all donations dollar for dollar!

Well that's about it on my "interesting" post. We lose internet access on Tuesday but I will be bringing my laptop (and scale) with me on our trip to the East Coast so hopefully I'll be able to update my weight loss (and test results) along the way. Yay!

3 comments:

  1. Every time I come over to your blog I mean to donate but I swear it's like my wallet is always no where to be found.I always say, well, I will do it next time. So I finally did it this morning. Once from me, and one from my family. Good Luck, and thanks for doing this. It is such a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think clotting disorders fall under immune disorders, yes. It's because essentially that's what an immune reaction i; a reaction to something (i/e a fetus) that makes your body react in such a way that is like a foreign invader. Lupus, for example, is an autoimmune disorder. I don't see a test for the MTHFR- but maybe that's just a different name listed? This is another one that pertains less to clotting and more to folic acid absorption.

    Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're moving in a good direction and getting some answers. That's always nice when you're able to do that. =)

    I left you something on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete