Wednesday, May 26, 2010

OH.MY.GOD

Guess who showed up again today? AF! Exactly 25 days after she showed up last time. Usually my periods are about a YEAR apart! What's up with this craziness?! When I woke up this morning I saw some spotting but didn't think much of it. I figured I would wait a few days and see what happened. Last month it took a two or three days for the spotting to turn into a real period. So I took a shower and hopped on the internet. While I was sitting at my chair I started getting cramps...THOSE kind of cramps. So I went to the bathroom and "it" had started. I wonder if that means I ovulated last month. You can't get a period without ovulating, right? I'll take a HPT tomorrow just out of curiousity, though I'm sure it will be negative. Still, maybe the D&C from March helped to regulate my cycle. At least SOMETHING good came out of that whole crappy situation.

On a completely unrelated note, my best friend is coming to visit me next month and we're taking a day trip to New York City to see West Side Story on Broadway! So we've got about 4 hours in the morning to kill, any suggestions? We want to see as much as possible so we thought about just taking a bus tour.

5 comments:

  1. Yes you can, or so I have been told. The doc. at Madigan, said that since I have consistantly been late my whole life (cycles usually longer than 35 days), I probably have not ovulated on my own, this whole time. I think that is a load of BS. How is it that I have had Aunt Flow, for 14 years (about 9 a year), but no ovulation? I have had it up to here with Madgian, and nobody to help me fight them, with David gone. The Dr, I saw last week, told me to loose weight and get a Wii, and all my problems will be solved and I will get pregnant. They still can't find anything wrong with me, specifically, and won't run anymore tests until the hubs get's home. I might just start going out in town, except I would have to start this whole process all over agin. 2 IUI's later, and still nothing. Everything seems to go right when I am on Clomid, but all these months later, nothing. Until my IVF (January), the doc. wants me to go on a whole new regimine. We'll see.
    Good luck to you guys. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started yesterday. I hate periods. I hate cramps. Boo. LoL But yes, you can actually get a period, but not have ovulated. It happens to me ALL of the time. It's called an anovulatory cycle. I don't know how that happens, but it does. Not trying to burst your bubble though! Sorry! But getting a regular period again is definitely good news for you!

    Have fun in NYC! I don't have any suggestions though, because I haven't been yet. I need to go soon though becuase I'm only a few hours away! I need to get down there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's possible it regulated your body. My first miscarriage did that for me - mine are also irregular usually. That's good though that your body has regulated itself, good to have more dependability on your body!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean. Since I began TTC, my periods have FINALLY regulated! It's weird to actually get a regular period, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for knowing your body can do part of what it's supposed to do. There's so much to see in New York, it's hard to say, but if you have a short time, than yes a bus tour may be a good idea.

    ReplyDelete