Friday, May 28, 2010

Starting Over

Well I think it's safe to say that my weight loss quest was an epic fail. So I've decided to start over again from square one. Today I weighed in at 199.7 lbs. I never made it to the gym this week, mostly because of the cramps from AF. It seems that I don't get premenstrual cramps, I get menstrual cramps. And these new periods are completely different from the old. I used to have very light periods, only lasting two or three days. Sometimes it was hard to tell whether it was an actual period or just spotting. These periods have been lasting twice as long, are much heavier and the cramps are quite annoying. In fact, it feels like a real period. The HPT I took this morning showed up negative so at least it's a period and not a miscarriage. I wonder if I should start taking OPK's or charting my temps again. I think I will.

So anyway, back to the weight loss thing. I hereby solemnly swear that I'll get my ass in gear and lose some weight. NO EXCUSES. There, I said it and you are all witnesses. Next week will definitely show some results! Now then....what to do with those chocolate chip cookies I baked last night.......

4 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you! It's great that you are so motivated to get started! :) And about those cookies...I LOVE to bake (and love to eat cookies...), so sometimes I'll make a batch of cookies, eat a few, and send the next with my husband to take to work. Just an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes! I know how it is, I'm getting back on the bandwagon of losing weight again as well.

    Personally I think it would be good to chart - especially because it will help give you warning signs - like temps close to cover-line after ovulation has occurred and a too short luteal phase. That and you'd know where you are in your cycle, especially with these new periods.

    As for the chocolate chip cookies.. send them my way! (No one has to know I'm trying to lose weight... shhh...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you considered Weight Watchers? Not sure if I mentioned it before, but I lost almost 60 pounds on WW in 2001 and I've kept it off with the exception of about 10 pounds that I have decided to just live with. When I notice my weight creeping up, I just go back to counting points and get it back under control. WW is a great program and offers you a lot of good info and safe weight loss. I highly recommend it! Good luck to you in your weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done Nutrisystem in the past and loved it. I'm the kind of person that does much better when I have regulated meals. If I have to figure out something to eat, and cook it all on my own, well then chances are it wont be healthy. So the NS made it pretty stupid-proof. The food is pretty good and they have a great forum where you can chat with other people on the plan about ways to spice up the meals. Good luck to ya!

    ReplyDelete