Monday, July 27, 2009

Miscellaneous Updates

Well my weight loss "adventure" has not been going too well. It's just been too damn hot to exercise. I went to the gym on Saturday but the temperatures have been in the 90's for the past few days so I didn't stay long. The gym on base has no air conditioning and neither does my house so I've been very miserable. It's supposed to stay this hot through Thursday so I think I'll be staying inside all week. I just feel bad for the animals. At least I can go to work in an air conditioned building, they're stuck at the house all day. But all the blinds are closed and I have been giving them ice cubes in their water so I think we'll make it through.

Yesterday was my 28th birthday. Woo hoo. I did nothing all day which felt great. I almost went out and spent $400 on an air conditioning unit as my birthday present to myself but I decided I didn't want to spend that kind of money.

Saturday night I started taking Provera to get a period. I'm currently on cd49 and way overdue for one. After I start a new cycle I'll take a month of birth control pills and then I can take Clomid again. I'll also be starting acupuncture in a couple weeks. I can't wait to start going back.

Every time Brandon goes on a deployment I plan a vacation. I don't mean to do it like that, it just always seems to work out that way. It's a good idea though because planning the trips helps to keep me busy while he's gone. The first deployment was followed by our wedding in Vegas. The second deployment was our volunteer trip to Peru. The third deployment was our Alaskan cruise. Now Brandon will be getting 2-3 weeks off in December when he comes back from this deployment. We initially wanted to take a trip to Australia but it will be summer there and peak season so I'm not sure how expensive it will be. I'm also thinking Mexico, Costa Rica, the Caribbean...somewhere warm and tropical but not too expensive. We're not interested in taking another cruise so we would probably fly wherever we go. I'm open for any other suggestions so please share them with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment