Sunday, October 23, 2011

Wordless Sunday

I don't play by the rules :) Anyway, here's pictures from our nursery. Still a work in progess of course.
Before painting

After painting

Our adoption wall decal

The finished product



I'd like to give a shout out to my awesome new chair. It's a microsuede rocker/recliner. Brandon and I had started out looking at gliders and ottomans but the only suitable one I found was $469 for the set. All the others had a shorter back so I couldn't rest my head against the back of the glider. So we checked out the clearance section of a local furniture store and found this chair. It was $283 after tax. Woo hoo! Can't pass up a good deal like that. Now I just need to find a good slipcover or blanket to protect it against the baby puke.

9 comments:

  1. Love the quote, it's so beautiful! And yay for the clearance chair! It look sooo comfy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my goodness, so excited for you! We decided not to start our nursery until our home study is finished and approved but I am chomping at the bit to get started. I have been dreaming about it for so long - I LOVE the decal. Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from ICLW! I love your adoption quote. It's wonderful. I saw on your timeline that you've done treatments at Womack. That's currently where I'm going through treatments. We've had 4 failed IUIs so we're moving onto IVF in April when my husband returns from his deployment. Looking forward to reading about your journey with adoption.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wall sticker is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the decal. Score on the nursing chair!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi from ICLW...omg. That decal is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loveeee it!! SCORE on the recliner!! ~ Misty

    ReplyDelete
  8. That quote is absolutely amazing. I LOVE it! Congrats on getting the nursery put together.
    `ICLW 83

    ReplyDelete
  9. The decal is beautiful, and I love the wall color. You're nursery looks like a wonderful, cozy place for a baby to call home :)

    I also passed on getting a glider. They don't really work outside of a nursery, and they aren't particularly cozy. We ended up getting a leather rocker/recliner on mega sale. It worked wonderfully for babies (leather cleans easily) and it works just as nicely in our living room. You'll appreciate not getting a glider in the long run.

    ReplyDelete